Chapter 4- Answers

I didn't know whether or not to be scared of Erik.

He seemed like his intention wasn't to kidnap me or anything, well, not that I'd mind being stuck with that sexy piece of work.

Whoa, no, Scarlett! Snap out of it! My brain screamed at me. He was so physically perfect, why does he have to be so creepy? Argh! Why was I having these thoughts?

"Scar!"

My head turned to see Ellie with a panicked look painted on her face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just felt sick and needed some fresh air."

She raised an eyebrow. "Your not still hung over are you?"

"No, I'm fine Ell." I confirmed.

"Well, Tiff's going off in there," she gestured behind her, "you should probably make a run for it."

That sounded so appealing and I really didn't want to deal with her right now. I wasn't usually one for backing out, but what Erik had said kept replaying in my head over and over again.

I've known you for a long time, Scar.

What the hell was this guy on?

"Yeah, I, uh, I think I'm gonna just go home."

Ellie shot me another worried look. "Hey, it's okay. She's just a bitch, she can't help it."

I gave the smallest of smiles.

"Chris hasn't tried talking to you again, has he?"

The smile dropped. Oh, he tried to do a lot more than that. "No, I haven't seen him in a while." I lied.

"Why don't we go to the mall and get a coffee? You look like you could use it."

I thought about it for a minute, maybe it would be a good idea to help clear my head.

"Yeah, that sounds good." I replied.

"Okay," she handed me the keys to her Mazda. "You go to the car, I'll get your stuff."

I took the keys and gave her a hug. "Thanks Ell."

"No worries babe," she smiled and waltzed back into the gym.

***************************

Ellie dropped me off at home at dusk, we ended up grabbing some food and window shopping in the mall.

I was surprised to find mum's car still parked in the driveway, along with Mike's ute. They should've left for work an hour ago. But that's not was nothing compared to what came into my sight next.

A black Audi.

No, no freaking way.

That couldn't be right.

I raced for the front door, jamming my key into the door, my heart racing. If he had laid a finger on mum or Mike I swear to God...

I swung the door open, to reveal Erik sitting in a chair on one side of the room and mum sitting opposite him. Mike stood behind her, his hands on her shoulders.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I screamed at Erik, his piercing turquoise eyes meeting mine.

"Honey," Mum walked over to me hastily. Her eyes were bloodshot, her face streaked with dried tears. She embraced me in a hug.

"Mum, are you okay? What did he do?" I asked in fear, my heart raced.

For a moment she didn't answer, she only shook her head and held me tighter.