Chapter 9- The Mentor

I couldn't remember the last time I'd had such a good night's sleep. The huge bed was so soft and squishy, as if it was giving me a hug.

But I was woken by a knocking on my door.

"Um, come in?" I called out when the knocking seized.

A girl entered the room with a tray that I assumed held my breakfast. She was obviously shy and had long blonde hair with a tiny frame dressed in a clean white shirt and lack slacks. Even though she looked a little older than me; she reminded me painfully of Ellie...I hadn't even gotten to say goodbye.

"Hi," I offered politely.

She gave me a small nod of acknowledgement. "Good morning, miss." she spoke in her Australian accent.

I felt awkward at the address and sat my hands in my lap delicately as she placed the tray on the loveseat at the end of my bed.

I suddenly felt lonely, the more I looked at her, the more I saw Ellie. Maybe it would be best if I attempted to make a friend here, besides Erik....who'd kissed me. What did that make us?

"I'm Sca-"

"Scarlett Walker, Lord Kade's daughter." She cut me off.

I swallowed, I guess was already a bit of a celebrity around here. Didn't look like I had many fans though.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Lucy." She replied, in a sweet, gentle voice.

"Nice to meet you, Lucy."

"Likewise, miss." she gave me a polite nod.

"Scar, please." I smiled at her.

She smiled back but it dropped quickly. "I have to go, I'm not supposed to talk to you."

I straightened my back, "Not supposed to talk to me? What? Why?"

"Kade's orders, miss."

"Scarlett." I corrected her.

"No miss." her voice quietened.

I decided not to push it, I didn't want to get her into any trouble.

"Someone will come and retrieve you at 9 o' clock." And with that, she left the room.

I had a feeling making friends wasn't going to be easy around here. Besides, I wasn't going to get too comfortable, that I knew for a fact.

I removed the cover from the silver tray to reveal a feast. There was scrambled eggs, baked potatoes, sausages, bacon, white toast and grain toast, freshly chopped fruit and a glass of apple juice. I mean, I loved to eat sure, but this was just ridiculous, there was no way I could finish all this.

But thoughts of Eric and I last night made me feel less hungry. Was it wrong, what we'd done?

It couldn't of been if it felt that good. My brain teased me. But Erik had stopped it, he pulled away. He couldn't be interested.

I finished off the eggs, fruit and apple juice before pulling some clothes out of the large wardrobe that Erik had said would be there for me. It was a fitted turquoise tank top and some sports leggings, along with a pair of Nike sneakers all in my size. What had Erik done? Mentally take my measurements while we were making out? I wondered if last night was on his mind as much as it was on mine.

I changed into the clothes, swept my hair into a messy ponytail and gave my face a wash, the cold water refreshing on my pale skin. I glanced at the bathroom bench, picking up the silver bracelet Mum had given me and it made me want to burst into tears there and then. But I had to be strong for her, that was why I was here after all. I sat the bracelet back down, I didn't want to risk breaking it during this training. I knew if it was anything like the word, it would be very physically demanding.