Chapter 7 - The Pass of Caradhras

It was time to part. Time to face the future. I had everything ready. I had my bow and my quiver in my back, my silver dagger pending from my belt and a little bag full of healing utensils.

I got downstairs and stopped by the door. The dwarf Gimli, the not-so-nice man Boromir, Prince Legolas Greenleaf, Gandalf and Aragorn were already there.

I let out a breath and looked at them. Gandalf smiled at me and I smiled back.

"I think I haven't introduced myself properly" I said, crossing my arms.

"No, you didn't" Gimli said.

"Well, my name is Elariniel. I hope we can get along well" I said, grinning.

They smiled at me, except Gimli who was still impressed because I would be going too and Boromir, who rolled his eyes, like if he was saying that I was useless. I just didn't like him. It would be hard to get along with him.

The hobbits came down and joined us. Frodo inched forward, coming to my side.

"Are you scared?" he asked me, in a whisper.

"A little bit" I said "But I will throw my fear away" I grinned.

I looked back and saw my Father's face one last time. I also saw my sister's beautiful face, looking down, a bit sad. She was staying and Aragorn was parting.

"Let's be off" announced Gandalf, opening the Door and walking outside. I looked one last time to Rivendell. I did not know if that was the last time I would see my home. I followed Gandalf and then Legolas followed us, and then Gimli, then the Hobbits and finally Boromir and Aragorn.

Just before we left, we heard Lord Elrond calling us. Everyone from Rivendell was seeing us off and wishing us a good and safe journey.

Father stepped forward.

"The Ring-bearer is setting out on the Quest of Mount Doom. On you who travel with him, neither oath, nor bond is laid to go further than you will. Farewell. Hold to your purpose. May the blessings of Elves, Men and Free Folk go with you" Father said and while he was saying this, his eyes were looking at mine sadly.

"The Fellowship awaits the Ring-bearer" Gandalf said.

Frodo looked at everyone and then stepped out of Rivendell. Gandalf rested one of his hands on Frodo's shoulder.

"Mordor, Gandalf" Frodo whispered "Is it left of right?"

"Left" Gandalf replied.

We were finally on the road, in the path for Mordor. I stayed quiet and joined Merry and Pippin, walking.

"Why did you decide to come?" Merry asked me.

"Because I did not wish to see the end of the world and do nothing" I explained "And I wanted to follow Gandalf, Frodo, and Aragorn."

They smiled at me.

"What a brave attitude" Pippin commented and I smiled at him. I wasn't that brave.

I started to sing that lullaby of mine, in a quiet voice, and Merry and Pippin listened to it carefully. That lullaby was taught me by my mother, Celebrían, when I was still little. Mother went to Valinor after being captured by orcs. My two older brothers, Elladan and Elrohir rescued her and Father healed her. After that, she could no longer find happiness in Middle-Earth and she set off to Valinor, leaving me, Father, Arwen and our twin brothers behind. As I missed my mother too much, Father sent me to Isengard, where I lived for a long time.