Chapter 10 - Lothlórien

Chapter 10 – Lothlórien

I woke up, with a gentle shaking from running. Legolas was still carrying me piggyback. My right foot was hurting too much. I couldn't move it at all. Legolas glanced at me quickly, looking immediately to the path, once again.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"More or less… My foot is hurting" I replied. I couldn't see anything focused, because my eyes were tired of crying over Gandalf's death.

Legolas kept on running, following the others. I rested my face, once again, on his back, closing my eyes and falling into a slumber state. Dreams with Gandalf dying filled my mind. The sensation of loosing someone dear reminded me the times right after Mom going to Valinor.

It took a while till we finally reached the woods of Lothlórien. I was semi-awake, but kept my eyes closed; trying to ignore the pain I was feeling, both on my foot and in my heart. They slowed and stopped running, as long as they reached the forests.

"Stay close young Hobbits, they say that a great sorceress lives in these woods, an Elf-witch of terrible power" I heard Gimli's voice talking to the hobbits. I supposed he was talking about my grandmother, Galadriel. If I wasn't feeling so bad, I would have started an argument with the prim dwarf. "All who look upon her fall under her spell and are never seen again" He continued.

I opened my eyes a little bit, glancing quickly at Gimli. He had a funny expression on, while he scanned cautiously the forest and its beautiful trees.

"Well, here's one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk, and the ears of a fox." Gimli proclaimed, out loud.

When he looked to his front, encountered an arrow, close to his face, ready to shot.

We were being surrounded by elves, with their bows and arrows ready to kill us. I couldn't see their faces properly, because I didn't have my eyes completely opened.

"The Dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark" An elf said. I recognized his voice.

I opened my eyes a bit more to ensure the elf was the one I was thinking about. And I was right. It was. An elf with long blonde hair was standing upon us, with a haughty expression.

"Hello Haldir" I said, in a faintly voice.

"Elariniel!" he exclaimed, as his eyes fell on me. I was still on Legolas' back.

I tried to smile a bit, but the pain wouldn't let me.

"What's wrong with her?" He hastened to ask, in his own language.

"She sprained her ankle, a few hours ago. She has been in complete pain since then" Legolas explained, in Elvish.

"Haldir of Lórien, we come here for help. We need your protection" Aragorn said, also in Elvish.

"Aragorn! These woods are perilous. We should go back" Gimli exclaimed.

"You have entered the Realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back" Haldir replied to Gimli's comment in common tongue "Follow me"

Legolas carried me till our destination. Lothlórien was dark, with some blue lights coming from the trees. It was nightfall.

When we reached our destination, Legolas sat me softly on the ground. I looked at my ankle, under the boot. It seemed a little swollen.

"So" I started, trying to sound that I was feeling better "This is Legolas, son of Thranduil from the Woodland Realm" I introduced, as I pointed Legolas with my hand "Gimli, son of Glóin" I pointed the Dwarf, "Boromir, son of the Steward of Gondor" my hand pointed Boromir "Frodo Baggins, Samwise Gamgee, Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took" I pointed the Hobbits. "And this is Aragorn, son of Arathorn" I pointed Aragorn. I spoke in elvish.