Secrets

The news just got in. Scottish DJ, Calvin Harris, was rushed to Cedar Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles this afternoon after he got involved in a car collision in an intersection along Melrose Avenue, including a delivery van and the Range Rover driven by Mr. Harris, himself. It has been reported that the driver of the delivery van who hit the DJ's vehicle was under the influence of illegal drugs and is yet to face charges.

It is the second time that the Scottish DJ was involved in a car accident, following the collision that happened, damaging his Black Cadillac that lead him to be brought to the hospital due to minor injuries, in May last year.

Stay tuned for the latest updates regarding Calvin Harris' medical condition.

That was the current news on the radio all over the United States, but contrary to the fact, Taylor remained oblivious of his ex-boyfriend's condition, she didn't know that he was in deep danger, considering the radio in their vehicle was not turned on at this particular time.

"Do I answer it? It's from an unknown number." Taylor asked her mother as they were in a car ride to Sta. Clarita, California.

"Just let it be, the person will call again if it's that important." Andrea stated the obvious while she cleared her prescription glasses of moist with a cleaning cloth.

"It's ringing again." Taylor complained as soon as the screen of her phone lit up, followed by a brief ring. "Hand it over to me." Andrea offered and Taylor willingly gave the phone to her mother.

"Yes, hello?-  No, it's her mother." Andrea began when she answered the call. "Oh- Oh, dear God." She went on and that immediately set Taylor off the edge. She sensed that something was up because her mother wouldn't react like that if something was not wrong. She started to create conclusions in her mind of the things that could go wrong, fortunately, the phone call was close to its ending before she could lose her mind. "Yes, thank you. I'll tell her." Her mother bid her goodbye to whoever was the person on the other end of the line. She reluctantly handed the phone back to her daughter who was nothing but anxious and tensed as she waited for the call to come to an end, it was her phone in the first place, and the call was supposedly addressed to her. She began to overthink, but still, she managed to hold in the build up of emotions that was beginning to trigger her anxiety, again. 

"Who was it? What did they say?" Taylor blurted out the question in one quick phase, her eyes not leaving her mother's. 

"It's uhhmmm, it's Adam."

"What did he say? Why did he call?" She hesitantly asked. "Mom! Please." She almost begged as she doesn't have a good feeling about this, more so now that it has something to do with the person whom she once shared her life with.

"He was rushed in for surgery. His car collided with a delivery van- it was his attending who called." Taylor gasped as soon as it registered to her. 

That brief succession of words caused Taylor to almost freeze in her position when it hit her. Her hand flew over to her mouth as her eyes began to moist. At this point, she felt as if she was claustrophobic, she felt her throat tightening, as if she can't breathe anymore, and she knew in the back of her mind that this is a firm indication that she is that close to having an emotional breakdown, she knew the feeling like the back of her hand because it has happened several times before.

"Oh my God, Adam." She mumbled in a shaky breathe. "Stop the car. S-stop the... I'm gonna be sick." she pleaded in a barely audible tone. The driver immediately stopped the SUV at the side of the road. Lucky for them that the  flow of traffic isn't that bad. Taylor rumbled to grasp the car door handle and opened it. She went outside to the back of the car to throw up but nothing came out as it was just all in her mind. She was all too shaken up by the information she just knew.  

After a short while, she went back to the car, she was in a state where a conversation is barely possible as she was  now disoriented, but they can't really blame her for being like that. The last thing that the exact same event happened, it was almost a year ago, and they were nearing the end of their relationship, and this is not the best time for the memories to go back and flood her, in ways that could only make the situation they are currently in, worse.

"Are you- okay?" Her mother asked hesitantly, placing a hand over her thigh carefully as Andrea knew all too well that her daughter could possibly be sensitive of any sudden action. As expected, Taylor didn't respond and it seemed like she didn't hear anything, that made Andrea worry about her daughter's well being even more. 

By the looks of it, Taylor was in a state of shock, she became fragile in an instant. The worst kind of sadness is when your tears can't even drop and you feel numb. It's like the world has just ended. You don't cry, it's not that you don't want to, but you just couldn't, you can't hear, you can't see. You just stay there. For a moment, the heart dies, and nobody can understand that, except her.

"Drive the car." She faintly mumbled with the absence of expression on her face, her eyes fixed ahead, only causing the driver to look at her through the rare view mirror as he was unsure of what to do, almost at the same time as Andrea turned towards her own daughter. "Drive the damn car!" Taylor sternly repeated once she was able to regain the least amount of composure.

She had a short intake of breath, still trying to recover from the current scenario, but she can't help it. No matter what she does, she knows that the news was already ingrained to her memory, it is not something that she can just easily shake off, it is a matter of life and death, and somehow, because of what happened before, she was traumatized. Knowing herself better than anyone else,  she had a gut feeling that her anxiety was already starting to slowly build up once again.

"Honey, if you're not feeling well, we can drive back home." Andrea suggested as she thought that it could be the best option for her daughter as of the moment, or at least for now.

"Should I go?" She mumbled in all of a sudden, her breath hitched down her throat.

"Please! Answer me- should I go?" she exclaimed as the tension and panic washed over her.

 Andrea didn't say a word anymore, but she just gave Taylor a look and she immediately knew that she has to make her own decision this time. It's all up to her.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

What do you think guys? Will Taylor decide to go to the hospital for Adam? Is she ready to see him again after everything that happened between them? 

Please leave your comments or story suggestions.

Stay Tuned. 

-A