I Choose You

It was almost nearing 6 in the morning and the sun was now beginning to rise as Taylor and Adam laid awake on their bed as their bodies reciprocate the warmth that they needed in the morning air. They have been like this for a moment, breathing the same air, legs tangled with one another, just being two peas in a pod, two of a kind, but one at heart.

 Not that they had any decent sleep throughout the night, because the truth was, they didn't. They just finished being intimate with one another and that caused the couple to be sleep deprived. The longing and the passion in between their love making didn't seem to fade away as quick as anybody can ever comprehend. The fact of being away with each other for two weeks straight sent both of them over the edge, making the heated session to last for quite a number of rounds. 

At the moment, Taylor was laying naked under the sheets and so was Adam. She was leaning her head against his chest n a way where she can hear his heart beating from her position while he gently runs his fingers to rub against her arm, his lips on the top of her head.

"Do you really love me?" She asked in a whisper as her eyes were fixed on the scenery outside the window.

Adam stiffled a laugh as it appeared to him as a slight dig.

"I'm serious." She protested. "Well, yah. Obviously." He stated before placing a soft kiss on her temple. "Why? Did I do anything wrong? Did I hurt you? Didn't you finish?" He thought of all the things that could go wrong, but honestly, he can't put a finger on it.

"No, I did. It's just." Taylor began but she hesitated as to whether or not continue what she was saying.

"What's the matter then? Is something bothering you?"

She just shook her head in response and the room went silent for a moment, but deep down, Adam was becoming worried. They just had sex, everything felt great, they had a good time, he was happy, she was too, or is she?

"Why?" She suddenly asked again.

"Why?" He asked the same question as he appeared to be so confused of the sudden change of her mood.

"Why do you love me?" She put more depth into the previous question.

"Why are you asking these questions all of a sudden? Is there something that you're not telling me?" He wondered and started plotting his previous actions as to whether or not they contributed to the questions she was asking him now out of nowhere.

"I just need to know."

"Oh." He stiffened from his position and she felt it, she felt his heart beating faster as he kept her head rested against his chest and somehow she felt comfortable.

"I love you because you are the Taylor that I personally know and not the Taylor that the tabloids portray to be. That's not you. Because the real Taylor is right here with me at this very moment, asking me about random things that I don't even know how to explain." He joked and she seemed to smile.

" No, I love you because I've never met anybody that makes me a better person like you do. And all the good memories that I've had in my entire life are the ones that I've had with you and I'm not going to trade them for anything. I love you because you are the one that I picture a life with, and that I choose to love you, and I want to love you, and I do love you more than you'll ever know. I choose you, Tay, out of all the women out there. I'll choose to love you over and over again and I hope that answers your question." Adam proclaimed his love in a way that captured Taylor's heart. She gets up and shifts to face him, she looks right at him, an eye for an eye, blue meets green. Her eyes have their rare kind of sparkle that Adam adores so much. He smiled at her, and it warmed her heart. She held his face and she kissed him. Just like that, their lips met again, but this time, their lips brushed against one another through an innocent kiss, not rushed, not provoked by lust, but because they were made to be together. The kiss was simple but it meant a lot. She needed to hear those words to remind herself that out of all the mess that she has put herself through for the past few years, she still deserves somebody who will love her for who she is.  And this is the kind of conversation that she lives for.

"I choose you, and I will, over and over again." He said again. And at that moment, Taylor already knew that what they have is a love worth fighting for.