Oh Baby

It was one of those nights that Adam was alone in the place that him and Taylor calls home. Apparently, his girlfriend of two years was away for the night due to her work's demands and Adam was the only one left in the abode. 

Well, it wasn't completely just him because she left the cats, Mer and Dibbles, for him to look after. 

Adam's legs were lousily outstretched, with his right arm serving as the cushion for his head as he lays on their California King sized bed covered with white sheets. Dibbles was snuggling beside him, just a few inches away, while Mer was just lounging around in a very bad posture on a spot by the window. 

He was munching on a bag of Organic Kale chips as his eyes were fixed on a football game that was playing on the tv, and the volume was relatively louder than normal as he wanted to immerse himself further into the vibe. He had a long day in the studio and he had quite a handful of people there with him to work with. He was exhausted to say the least, and he only wanted a proper relaxation after a very busy 

All of a sudden, during the commercial break, he thought that he can hear something dropped from downstairs.

 At first, he waved it off, thinking that maybe it was all in his mind. So then he reverted his attention back to the tv. But just a few seconds has gone by, he can hear the noise again. 

"That can't be you, can it?" He reverted to the nonchalant feline who was almost asleep by the window. 

He reached out for the remote control just on Taylor's side of the bed and muted the television. He stayed quiet for a moment and he confirms that there was really something going on just below where he is. 

He was alarmed and was a bit bothered by the thought that an intruder could possibly have entered their home again, as it has already happened a few times before, but they were lucky to not be in the vicinity when it occurred. Although this time, it is different. He could potentially have an unexpected companion and there's a high possibility that the person has a gun, just like before. 

His thought immediately drifted off to Taylor. The scenario played into his head as if it was reality. He began to be worried about her. He was thankful that she wasn't the one left there to witness this because she would have been so terrified. Adam could only imagine her reaction, and never in his wildest dreams did he wish Taylor to ever be put into this kind of situation because he knows how lethal it can get and how it can harm her emotionally.

 Though how tough Adam could be, he was still scared for his dear life. If the potential intruder do really has a gun, then there's not so much he can do to fight back. It only takes a pull of a trigger to end his life. 

In those short moments, he has been contemplating on what to do. Should he stay in or go out? Should he stay silent or make a noise? In his head, he doesn't have a master plan. He couldn't ask for any help either because as far as he knows, there's no one in the home besides him. Not even a security, not even anyone. So then there comes the blackout.

But It hasn't been long before he gained the audacity to get up from the bed and up to his feet to go out of their room to go check himself, and the first thing that greeted him after he has ever so slightly opened the door, was total darkness. 

Now, every move he makes is calculated. One wrong footing and he could get killed. He tried his best not to make a noise as he descended the stairs. But as he was about to reach the middle, he thought twice. 

At least, if he will gamble and take the risk, he should have something to use for defense in case the unexpected visitor would attack him. So he withdrew and slowly backed away to return to the bedroom.And as soon he got inside safely, he reached under the bed and got a good grip of the baseball bat that has been hidden underneath that was reserved for this kind of conundrum. And true enough, the time has come for it to come in handy.