Chapter19|The Text.

Chapter19|The Text.

[Zayn'sPOV]

I opened the door to see Louis. He was the last person we were waiting for. By we, I mean Alexis, Liam, Harry, & Niall.

Louis sat down on the love seat, as I sat down next to Niall.

"Alright. Well I wanted to talk about these past few days. I've been going crazy, & I wanted to say sorry." I said.

They nodded slowly. "You shouldn't be sorry, Zayn. I should. It's my fault this happened." Louis sighed.

I only shrugged, then looked down at my feet.

We stayed quiet for a minute.

"I miss her." Niall said, breaking the silence.

"Me too." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I think I should- um, call the police. It's already been almost 3 days." Liam responded, dialing away on his phone. He put the phone on his ear, & excused himself.

"She'll be okay, Zayn. I know she will." Assured Alexis.

"I don't know. I don't want to keep hearing that. I want someone to prove it." I said softly, then stood up, walking into the kitchen.

I didn't know what to do anymore.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I ignored it, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. I went into the closet, looking for something to eat.

I skimmed inside, looking for a bag of chips. I was about to turn around, not finding anything when something fell on my foot. I backed away quickly, to see a box of PopTarts on the floor in front of me.

I sighed, then walked to the living room. Everybody was chatting away.

"Uh, Zayn." Called Liam. "The police will start the investigation, tomorrow in the morning."

I only nodded, then took my place next to Niall.

I felt my phone buzz again.

As before, I totally ignored it, drinking from my bottle.

"We have a photo shoot tomorrow at 5 in the morning, then an interview at 8." Louis said, looking up from his phone.

"What are we going to say if they ask about Jade?" Niall asked.

Even her name made me flinch.

"Uh, we'll say she's on vacation with some of her cousins." I explained.

They all nodded.

"Well it's getting late. I should sleep." I said, standing up.

"We'll be going then." Liam nodded.

"Can I stay over?" Asked Niall.

"Sure,"

He gave me a light smile, then went into the kitchen.

When everybody, except Niall, were out the door, I went up to my room, to get ready for bed.

I put on a white t-shirt, & basketball shorts, then laid down.

I was about to fall into deep sleep, when I remembered, that I had gotten text messages earlier.

I lazily grabbed my phone, & pressed on one of the messages.

From: Unknown

You missing your little girl Jade? Better get used to it, 'cause you're not seeing her for a long while. Sleep tight Zayn Malik. x

-

Who do you think sent the text?

-chelle xo