Prolouge

I remember that night like it was the back of my hand. My dad wouldn't let me go out, we got into a huge fight that night. I remember he was so mad at me. In spite of him, I snuck out with my friends. And when I came home, my entire life changed.

I remember the blinding red and blue lights

I remember the blinding red and blue lights. I panicked. I didn't know what was happening until I saw my father on a gurnee being rolled into an ambulance. All of my life I took advantage of having my parents always there with me. My dad always took me to the park and to the library he'd bought me countless things and helped me more that I thought. My mom used to be a stay at home mom. Every day whenever I came home from school she'd be there to greet my brother and I and she always had a snack awaiting us. But now, everything has changed...

"Audrey! Joseph! Come down we need to talk!!" I could here my mother scream from downstairs. Oh lord. What does she want now.

As soon as I get down stairs my brother is already sitting on the couch in front of my mother so I find my way over and plop right down.

"My job has given me a promotion so therefore we are moving. We'll be leaving in two days. We're going to a town in England called Holmes Chapel. I figured it'd be best of we took this chance and get away from this old rugged town and get away from the past and-"

"You're kidding me, RIGHT? How could I forget dad, he's a part of our past ya know. And you expect me to just up and leave Sarah, mom she is my best friend and she has been with me through EVERYTHING. And you expect me to just move because of your stupid job and leave everything behind?!" I interrupt my mother, she never fails to piss me off.

"Audrey Rose Emmons, you will move whether you like it or not. Now I expect you to have your things packed and ready to go by Saturday morning." My mother replies smoothly and walks away leaving me and Joseph to ourselves.

That's how my life is now. My mom always works, my dad's gone forever, and so it's just me and Joseph against the world. I just hope this stupid move doesn't make life any worse than it already is.