Moving In

I tried to walk to the house. Memories flashed through me.

I clutched my stomach and looked at the one lane road. then i thought about turning around and running away for good. then I thought 'that wouldn't make anyone proud'. I always aimed for the moon but fell on the stars but, one day I will reach the sun. The day that I die. 

I finally just walked to the house. There was an older man on a rocking chair swaying back and forth.

I oddly realized a small old horse. Something told me it was wise. He looked like everything is going to be okay. He gave me hope.

"Oh! Jessica! I have been wondering when you were gonna here."

He stood up, walked over to me, and held his hand out towards me.

"I'm Woody."

I grabed his hand to shake it.

"You can also call me Jessy or Jess."

I tried to say as politely as possilbe. NOBODY EVER calls me Jessica. But I never talked to anyone.

"Well alright, Jessy."

He held out a whistle and blew in it. Well this was certainly odd. Almost half a minute later three people my age walked out of the house. Two girls that looked alike. They were tall, tan, skinny, black haired girls. The boy was like the two girls. He was tall, tan, muscular, and... the boy in the hall?  They all walked to Woody.

"Jess, this is my two twin daughters, Jennifer and Missy and my son, Adam."

Adam. Cute.

Wait? What? What am I saying I have a boyfriend! But.. he is cute.

"Umm... hi?"

the twins waved and Adam stood there.

"Adam?"

Woody noticed he was kinda being rude also.

"What? Oh, uhh. Hi."

I quickly looked away. We all stood there not knowing what to do.

"Well, Adam, take Jessica err Jessy's bags to her room."

We all departed except for Adam amd I. I only had two bags but don't get me wrong they were soo heavy. He tried to grab my bags.

"Its okay. I can get them."

"What no way these things are heavy. well for you."

I kinda laughed. I was tiny though. I was only five foot and some inches. My blonde hair was long and thick and it gave me a few inches. The curliness and all.

He grabbed both of my bags and started walking away. I followed. As soon as we walked into the house he turned and started to walk up about ten steps.

We both ran up the stairs he took a couple steps then dropped my things.

"Thank you, umm Adam."

"No problem. If you need anything please just ask. But please don't take this the wrong way but uhh... Why are you here?"

"Well it's kinda like a Foster Care service."

I hope he understood what i meant. My mom abused me and my father moved away after he lost custody of me. But that was when my mom was sane.

Adam walked out of the room. I had to admmit it was really nice. The bed had pillows and purple sheets and purple blankets. The walls were wooded planks going up and down but it looked good. Well I better start unpacking.