First

It was sort of light outside when we finally arrived.

He first took me to a small diner. It was family owned and just cute. It had the country home touch to it.

We both ordered and ate quickly. He said he had something fun to do tonight. I was excited. 

I was now sitting in his truck. It was taking long to get there but with Adam, I could wait. The radio is on and I'm singing every song. Adam is driving really slow. I could tell where we were from the headlights. It was a back-road and grassy. Adam was watching me most of the time and I urged him to go faster.

"Adam, are we there yet?"

"Ugh, Jessica, do not start that stuff with me." He said trying to sound serious but a smile cracked through.

"Are we there yet?"

He laughed and didn't answer. 

"Yes, we are."

I looked to see a lake. It was beautiful and Adam backed up so the truckbed was towards the lake. 

We both hopped out and met by the end. I smiled up to him. 

"Let's go."

We both jogged to the lake losing clothes. We laughed and he jumped in. I followed and he caught me. He kissed me and twirled me around. The lake came up to his hips and he looked glorious.  His hair smooth down and drenched. He held me and I wrapped my legs around him. I was the same height as him now. 

"I love you, Jess. With all my heart." His jaw tightened up and I traced it.

"I love you too."

I came for a kiss and it was hard. I loved it. He made me feel like I was a princess. He made me feel high and mighty. He was my knight in shining armor. He was Adam and I wouldn't change it for the world.

We swam around for a while and splashed. After that, we went out to the truck.

He had it all set up. There were some pillows and blankets. He had a basket set aside and he pulled the bed down. We laid down just tangled together. I couldn't help the smile on my face and just wanted it to stay. Along with Adam. Forever.

He drove home with me leaning and holding hands. He had one hand on the steering-wheel and everything else on me. I smiled and played with his hand. I drew circles until my eyes were so tiny I was forced to close them. At least I fell asleep with a smile on my face.