Chapter Eight

>>>Picture of Miguel on the side>>>>

     “No! I give up! I give up!” I yelled. Derek and I were on the ground in some toy store. His body was pressed gently above mine, yet he was controlling how much of his weight was on me by his hands. I hadn’t felt this good in decades. I felt like I could be normal. “Please! Mercy!” It was getting harder to breathe from laughing so much.

     He stopped tickling me as his hand pushed my hair away and his mouth went to my ear. “You have to do something for me if you want to get up.” His greyish blue eyes sparkled, making him look so sexy. I could feel his abs tighten as he laughed.

     I actually giggled. “Well, what is it?”

     “Go on a date with me.”

     Confusion clouded my eyes. “Are you serious? That’s it? You could have just asked me like a normal person.”

     “Well, I like to be abnormal. It’s not every day you go out on a date with such a handsome, young vampire.” I rolled my eyes and just smiled up at him. Within seconds, we were standing up, our hands wrapped around each other. He got serious for a moment. “Marcilla, we should go back. It’s getting late. Elizabeth called me, and your brother keeps sending messages to my head. Just give them some peace of mind.”

     I felt my shoulders slouch and a huff escape my mouth. “Only if you’ll go with me.” I know it sounded stupid, but I really wanted him to stay with me.

     He nodded, pulling me toward the exit.

     Miguel was pacing like a worried mother when I arrived. Elizabeth was reclining casually on the couch next to Laura, and James was sitting at the table with a pizza in front of him. I didn’t realize Derek had his hand at my lower back until he pushed me forward slightly.

     Everyone stayed still and quiet until Miguel broke the silence. “Mom called.” I didn’t see the importance of this information. He must have guessed as much, because he continued, “She said she needs a family meeting.”

     “When is it?” Obviously, I was the only one out of the loop.

     “She wants it to be tonight so we have to leave as soon as you’re packed.”

     “It can’t be that important. What could be so important that we have to leave on such short notice?”

     Anger flared in his light eyes, turning them almost black; and I felt Laura constraining him. I looked over at her. She was still nonchalantly watching the TV. “You are the only one with short notice. She contacted the rest of us last night,” he bit out.

     I put my hands up in mock surrender. “Don’t get your panties in a twist, Miguel.” I took Derek’s hand and pulled him in the direction of my bedroom. When we got in, I closed and locked the door behind us.

     “So much for our date, huh?” Derek said, sounding extremely disappointed by the turn of events. I threw a pair of running shoes into my small suitcase, and walked over to the edge of my bed.

     I put my forehead to his and breathed in deeply, memorizing his scent. It was woodsy, yet refined. It showed his manhood, yet his ability to adapt to any culture or situation. I sensed a hint of spearmint and felt myself shudder, thinking about our time together. “I’ll be back before you know it. I promise.”

     He leaned up and kissed my neck and worked his way up to my lips. Everything inside of me craved for more of him. He leaned back onto my bed, pulling me down with him. Soon, our tongues were dancing and I felt so safe and sure about everything. He moaned in frustration and pressed me closer to him. Our bodies molded to each other’s within seconds, and I sighed in ecstasy.