Silence

Her back was sewn up, she felt nothing but pain. Her eyes were swollen and red from her tears. Night came in and laughed at her reduced state, saying she was well deserving to feel what hell felt like, what pain really was at the hands of a ruthless man. Niari cleaned her of blood and. . . other fluids, she washed Lia's still tinted hair of the thick blood that coated it. Lia didn't understand what she had done wrong to begin with, why she deserved such a cruel punishment. Her eyes snapped closed again as the echoes of her primal screams and Elder's laughter rang in her ears. She wanted to curl up in a ball and die, but she dared not move a single muscle for fear of the agonizing pain she would feel.
No longer having the strength to cry, the pale elf waited for someone, anyone else to break the pressured silence. Out of the corner of her eye, Lia saw a speck of yellow move out of her vision; watching as it slowly floated back in and popped up to reveal Silence seemingly staring at her through the blonde bangs over his eyes.

"S-Silence, what are you doing here? You scared m-" she cut herself off when she remembered the boy couldn't speak or even hear her. He did seem to feel her emotions, as he crawled onto the bed and curled up next to her. Lia blinked in confusion, slowly reaching over to pull his bangs from over his eyes. Just a peak, she told herself, almost screaming when she saw his eyes were open and a pale grey color; he just stared off toward the dark corner across the room, never blinking as he thought his eyes were closed.

Sighing softly and letting out a painful hiss, she settled back down into the cot and played with the boy's hair. Silence stayed put and unmoving, his breathing soft like he had fallen asleep. Lia looked up to see the large oak door open, Night stepping through the threshold a moment later; sneering when he saw Silence laying in bed next to her. "What are you doing to my son?!" he snarled, striding over to pull Silence gently away from Lia's side and protectively to his own.

"Night, tell me what exactly happened to him, I have heard pieces from the others; but I have never heard the real story. Did Elder really do this to him?" Lia's voice wasn't apprehensive, and Night's face and posture wasn't defensive; they both simply sat in silence for the longest time, avoiding speaking to one another. Night finally let out a strangled sigh, sounding closer to a whimper.

"It was a few years back, Elder and I found him sobbing over the bodies of his parents; they had been dead for what looked to be at least a week by the decay. I remember seeing Elder's smirk stretch as far across his face, he was pleased to say the least. He offered the boy a place by his side, to come home to the sanctuary where he would be properly taken care of. That was when Silence was seventeen, he was polite, quiet and followed Elder around like a duckling learning all he possibly could. I could see he revered Elder as a father figure right away, maybe even more than that."

"More than that... You mean?" Lia began, her eyes widening when Night gave her a look that said Do not ask.

"When he turned eighteen years of age he kicked Elder and sent him flying down the dining table and through two walls. Elder lost his temper and cut out his tongue, later for his own enjoyment and hatred of Silence, he took his magic--in turn taking his sight away--then took his hearing by using a Banshee's scream. . ." Night trailed off and held his son close to his chest before standing while still holding him. "I have said enough, long story short yes, Elder did this to him and he doesn't regret a thing, that is the kind of man you are dealing with. And he would sooner do it to you as well if you disobey him. Do not say you have not been warned." Without another word, he left the room, leaving Lia to sit in thought on her own.