An Unpleasant Surprise

"She knew a boy who was mute, deaf and blind?" Fenris asked Varric as he sat up on the bed, now fully invested in the story.

"That's what she said, broody, unless you're questioning the powers of my story telling." Varric answered, giving the other male his signature smug little smile. Fenris simply grumbled and sat back, obviously not wanting to question the dwarf further.

"What happened next uncle Varric?" Kanna asked eagerly, her sister sitting with silent patience.

"Uh, well kiddos, the next part of the story isn't for the ears of children, so why don't you go find your uncle Anders and beat him up for a while?" Groans of disappointment filled the room as the twin girls got up and kissed their father goodbye before running off to do what uncle Varric had told them.

"So what does the next part have that makes it impossible for my daughters to hear?" Green eyes narrowed into dangerous slits as if trying to set the dwarf on fire.

"Why don't I just read it to you?"

**Warning, there is a mature scene about to happen, those who are uncomfortable may want to skip farther down the way**

Lia's anger practically marched her down the hallway, leading her to stand outside the door of Elder's office; ready to break the door down and rip off his head for what he did to Silence. The boy seemed innocent enough, not that Lia was really in any position to judge such a thing like that.

As she went to open the door, she began to hear strange sounds coming from inside. She slowly opened the door just enough for her eye to see through; what she saw took her by complete surprise.

"A-Ah, Elder, gah..!" Night moaned as Elder thrusted hard into him, his desk rocking slightly from the force. Night was on his back with his legs wrapped around Elder's waist, arching into every thrust. Both men glistening with a sheen of sweat in the candle light. The dominant merely cackled breathlessly and groaned as he watched the male below him writhe.

"My darling second, you are perfect." the words came out like a purr as the red haired male traced a finger down the length of Night's spine.

A hand suddenly grabbed Lia's shoulder and yanked her back just as the elven female saw Elder smirk in her direction, though he didn't stop his movements or even seemed bothered by it. Lia turned to see Niari dragging her toward where the sleeping quarters were.

"What did I just see?" Lia's face was still morphed into an expression of shock and horror. "Was that not your... Well... Night?"

"Forget you saw anything, at all, really." Niari warned, "it is best you of all people stay out of it, my father's affairs are known to everyone here but you, you he has the most interesting in. No matter what he says.. do not allow him to touch you."

"Wait whoa whoa, wait! What?! What are you talking about Niari?!" She couldn't believe what she just heard, Elder wanting to come on to her?!

"Lia, I am serious, he has a thing for elves. Especially those with your kind of power. That is all he is interested in, power."

"You need not worry, Niari for I have no interest in that horrible man. Not after what I've seen and heard."

"He has a way with charm. I have seen my father pull his charm card on many contracts, he is equal parts handsome and deadly to both males and females. Lia, I only warn you because of the kinship I feel between us. Stay away from him. Only follow orders for contract and other kills. Nothing more." Niari practically seemed to plead through her eyes at Lia.

"You barely know me, you have no right to claim a feeling of kinship or any relation with me. But I will take your warning into mind, thank you, Niari." Arms wrapped themselves tightly around her as the raven haired female hugged her.

"Thank you."

"Now, how are you not upset by what you saw?" Lia asked again, hoping for a better answer.

"I am not actually Elder's blood daughter, he took me in only a few years ago. He and Night, however, have known each other for many years. I may be with the stubborn ass, but my father as half a claim to him as well. Creepy and wrong, I know, but that's how it is for now."

"I do not have any right to say otherwise, this...and that... Is all still very new to me."

"Ah, Lia, there you are." Both girls froze as they heard a familiar posh and smooth voice from behind them. "And my daughter as well, rather perfect I would say." They both turned to see Elder standing with a small wicked grin on his face.

"Elder..." Lia whispered in shock, receiving a pleased half grown grin.

"Indeed, my moon dove, come with me, I have you're first assignment for you."

Lia looked at Niari before following Elder back to his office. As they walked, Lia saw Night limping toward them, shoving past her with an elbow check and a glare. Elder simply grinned and lead Lia Into his office, closing the door behind him when she entered.

**

"I suppose it was uncommon for such a thing to happen when we were younger." Fenris swallowed his shock down hard.

"I don't think is was that uncommon, elf." Varric disagreed, looking at him with disregard.

"Tsk. What happened next?"

"Funny you should ask...."