10: Love Yourself

Was I a fool to let you break down my walls?

- Justin Bieber (Purpose)

"Is Kisses just usually in her room?" I asked ninang as we ate our breakfast still without Kisses. "Oo, may dapat na kasi yung ipasa na manuscript pero ang alam ko konti pa lang progress nya." Ninang told me and asked me if I want another pancake which I gladly took.

"Alam mo naman yan, mana sa akin workaholic." Ninong said with a laugh as he finished his pancakes.

"Sige na Edward, alis na ako." He said as he grabbed a tissue and wiped his lips clean and briefly planted a kiss on ninang's forehead.

"Nako. Ed katukin mo na nga muna yung si Kisses anong oras na kasi, may nakasalang papala ako na pancakes sa kusina." Sabi nya as she stood and went off to the kitchen.

I stood from my seat and went to Kisses' door, her room is jus beside mine so it was just easy. I knocked 3 times but there was no response from her.

Then I turned the knob and was shocked that it wasn't even locked. She didn't even respond to my knocks. Should I go in?

I pushed te door open slowly only to find her fast asleep on her laptop. I smiled as she slept with her mouth open, good thing there is no drool coming out of it.

"Kisses." I said with a chuckle as I touched her shoulder.

"Oh." She said as she finally opened her eyes and sat slowly. Her blinked at me slowly and yawned without even covering her mouth.

"Ed?" She asked as her gaze fell into mine, I grinned at the sight of her shock. I am telling you she looks really cute like this.

"Good morning. You should go with me and have some breakfast, it's almost 10 am." I said and held out my hand for her.

But she dismissed it, and said "I'll be down in a jiffy." I took my hand away and shoved it in my pocket. Ugh. Edward that seemed to be a wrong move.

I just nodded and headed back downstairs.

"Is she awake already?" Ninang asked as she held a mug of coffee and laid it on the placemat beside me.

"Yeah. She said she'll be down in here in a minute." I said with a little disappointed smile. I mean, I was being really nice with her but she was quite rude you know.

"Was she rude to you?" Her mom asked as if reading my mind. So I nodded, and she chuckled and said "She is like that to everyone, but later after her coffee she'll be in a better mood."

I stared at the coffee mug beside me and took a peak at what kind of coffee was it. The smell was intimidating, it sure was strong and dark. There was no hint of milk or cream. Does this even have sugar?

"Hey. Good morning." She said her voice still quite stiff. I looked up amd saw her approaching the seat beside mine.

"Kain na." Her mom said shortly and once more we were digging into the pancakes and some bacon.

"Ed kamusta pala sa states? And kamusta na mga kapatid mo?" Ninang asked once more. "Well, States are good although it is quite a struggle paying debts here and there." I said with a littl sigh.

"Debts? You still are studying right? Why do you got debts?" Ninang asked astounded of what she just heard, but Kisses just made no noise as she still digs in her food.

"I got a student loan, which is used for me to get to study without mom and dad's help." I said and took a bacon from the plate infront of me.

"Oo nga pala, iba pala doon kaysa dito. Kase yang si Kisses sariling sikap lang namin ng ninong mo." Sabi ni tita and took her glass of water and took a gulp from it.

"Any plans today Kisses?" Tanong ni ninang, and I noticed that finally she has a smile on her face. "Told you, coffee does her wonders." Dagdag ni ninang with a wink.

"Ma naman." She said with a pout and began to dig in on her food once more.

"Ay. May appointment pala ako today sa shop." Ninang said as she looked at her wrist watch.

"Kisses, ikaw na muna bahala dito kay Edward ha." Sabi nya and smiled at the both of us and after she left, there was nothing but silence.