Floating

*TRIGGER WARNING*

I flicked it quickly across my skin, making sure that I pressed down hard enough to be able to feel the pain that I wanted to and to be sure that the scar would be bad enough to remind me of why I did this. Even though I did this to myself, I was always careful to stay away from veins and arteries to be sure death wouldn't hold me in his hands. A I do this over and over again, their words ring through my ears over and over, like a broken record. I couldn't get away from their words that seemed to rip through the back of my brain, and become the center of attention. I was extremely confused about everything going on, and I was truly alone. No one truly listens and no one truly understands. They judge and place ridicule upon anyone who is the slightest bit different. I kept flicking, like the way an angry cat flicks it's tail. When I felt satisfied, I placed my tool of comfort back into my bedside table drawer and laid down onto my back and stared at the ceiling. I studied the moonlight flowing in from the open curtains as hot tears ran down my face. It felt like my lungs were on fire, and I was starting not to be able to breathe. I placed my hand over my mouth as I was blinded, and my body ached as the blood trickled over my legs. I started to fade out of consciousness as my breathing evened out, and I let my arms fall down to my sides. I soon became a prisoner of sleep, and my nightmare was finally over. For now...