~XXVII~

The following hour has been spend, simply walking to the front steps of the abandoned building I'd visited and woken up in a week prior. The aesthetic of the building was somehow alluring, and more comforting then it originally was, it no longer held a aura of darkness and the air felt lighter, easier to take into my lungs. My eyes feeling heavy, they stung, I think from tears. Standing in the same lobby I woke up in, every emotion was crawling up into my throat before swallowing moving deeper inside the building listening to the debris under my boots, watching the dust swirl in the air that didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. The further into the building I was the darker it was becoming, glancing behind me the hallway would open up looking much like a bright door one might find in 'heaven' per say, placing my back flat against the closest wall gripping my thin hoodie in my fist against my chest looking down at the floor watching as wet drops feel against the dust covered floor feeling my chest tighten more and more biting my lower lip roughly tasting my own blood against my tongue, taking raspy breaths, becoming more and more erratic. Lifting my head to the peeling paint on the ceiling closing my eyes. 

(3rd person - POV)

His voice fled his lips in a loud and desperate scream. A rough and echoing scream, the sound of pure anguish as it projected some his vocal cords. His back pressed against the hallway wall, the scream followed by quieter once but non having less blood-curdling tones to them like he was being torture, killed or even skinned alive. He felt the screaming would never stop. As the screams became less and less he folded in on himself his arms wrapped around himself as he breathing evened out, before erupting into a fit of coughing over as soon as it started but let a copper taste in his mouth. 

(Levi - POV)

Swallowing hard, rubbing my eyes with the end of my sleeve before standing up slowly and unsteady at first using the wall as support for a short time before finding my balance slowly walking back the way I came and to the light of the main entrance only to find a figure waiting in the door way with a pain expression. Glancing up to the girl to tired to force a glare, honestly to tired to do much else other then wait for them to speak their piece, but the female never met my eyes and stayed silent as I walk passed them however she did follow and walked at the same pace. Five minuets seemed to pass until anything was spoken.    

"Do you feel better."

"A bit" my voice fighting against me in a rough and sore tone, feeling my throat burn. 

"When do you leave?" 

"Sunday morning." against silence, but only for a short amount of time

"When will you be back" lifting my shoulders in a shrug, receiving a small hum. 

"I'll drive you to the airport, what time do you need to be there."

"It's fine I'll take a ca-"

"What time." she spoke sternly 

"Flight leaves at 5am, need to be there for 3am." speaking roughly. Receiving another small hum in response. I walk back to the house was quiet, no other words were spoken but it was a comfortable silence.