- 10. ironhide -

There was an autobot mark oh her lower back. That's what I saw earlier in my mirror, but now I was just seeing the full picture. It was light, but it sure was there. I didn't care that she didn't have something covering her upper body, I was worried that she had the autobot marking, my marking on her body.

"What! What's on my back?!" She was panicking, trying to cover her body up but still find a mirror to see what I yelled about.

What should I do? Should I tell her the truth or should I lie to her? Oh frag it, I'm already lying to her anyway.

"Sorry about that, Exner. False alarm. I thought I saw something, but I didn't. I definitely didn't."

This calmed her down a little bit, but she was still checking herself in the mirror. She twisted her body just so that she was able to see her back clearly, and I could clearly see the marking on her back, but she didn't seem to.

"There's nothing even there, you have me a heart attack for nothing, jerk," what? There's a fragging alien mark on her back, how does she not see it?

I could hear a very concerned and angry Lennox coming from the phone. I picked it up and brought it to my audio receptors, only to pull it right back away from the volume he was yelling at.

Once I was sure that Exner was sort of okay, I told Exner that I forgot something in the truck.

Once I was out of hearing distance, I spoke into the phone, "Lennox, I need Optimus and Ratchet immediately. There's something wrong with Exner."

"What! What's wrong with her?! Ironhide I swear, I'm going to make you wish you never came to Earth if she's hurt in anyway-"

"Yeah, yeah, I'll explain once you get Prime and Ratchet."

As I waited for Lennox to get my two fellow Cybertronians, I walked out to my true form which was sitting in the parking lot. I wanted to transform so badly, but I couldn't do that since that entitled me to leave Exner alone for at least an hour. Until I get the mark on her back figured out, she is not going farther than one hundred yards away from me. My thoughts were interrupted by the same glitch head who started a miniature fight between Exner and I: Otto.

"A little trouble in paradise, ye?"

I tried to ignore him, but the next comment he made sent me over the edge.

"Well then, if you're going to throw yourself a pity party, I'm going to comfort your lady friend back there, she's one good looker. Nice hair, pretty smile, sexy curves. I'd love to get me a piece of that."

"Do not talk about her that way. She is not 'my lady friend'," a grow escaped my throat. If Prime hadn't been harping on us about not harming humans, this man child would have been blown to bits hours ago.

The boy seemed to get the message and sat his aft back down, clearly scared of me now. Good.

•••

It took Lennox a while to actually be able to get Prime and Ratchet into a room together where we could talk in private.

"What is it, old friend, is there something wrong with Macey?" Optimus spoke with concern clearly shown in his voice. Why is he so worried about her now? She's my charge to protect.

Before I could answer, I head Ratchet in the back, "why exactly do I have to be here? I haven't even met the damn fleshy yet!"

"Oh shove it up your tail pipe, Ratchet. Listen, I saw Exner without her shirt on-"