- 13. macey -

Ron pulled away and laid his forehead on mine, he started mumbling something.

"Ron, what's wrong?"

He looked up, looking me in the eyes. This was the first time in days he'd actually did that, "be mine."

"Ron, you need to speak up, it's loud in here and I-"

"Be mine, please. Be my one and only," he looked like he was about to start crying. For a few days now, I felt something towards Ron, but I just pushed it away thinking it was hormones.

"Yes. Yes, I'll be yours," he started smiling again, leaving another sweet kiss on my lips. He was so gentle as if I were about to break in his arm, but he also had a tight grip on my waist as if I would run away from him.

"Thank Primus you said yes," I didn't make a comment to this. It was probably just the military slang they used at NEST.

After the banquet was over, Ron and I walked out of the banquet hall hand-in-hand for real this time, no faking.

"You know," I hummed, looking over to Ron, "you looked extremely handsome tonight in your suit," it was true, he looked damn fine in a suit.

"And you looked beautiful as well, Stubbs," I smiled but rolled my eyes at the nickname, I don't think it was going anywhere anytime soon.

•••

In the morning, I stood at the window looking at the trees once again. I stretched my arms up, making my back pop as my shirt lifted. I heard the soft sound of a camera click, making me spin around. There stood Ron with his hair all disheveled.

"Why'd you take a picture," I walks over to him, attempting to fix his hair. He didn't answer, just grunted once again.

"Today's our last day in New Jersey, since we're leaving tomorrow, is there anything you want to do," Ron asked, I just shook my head.

"No, it's going to rain and it's freezing outside. Stupid Winter weather. I'm going to get a bottle of water from downstairs," I made my way out of his arms and walked downstairs to the garage.

Opening the door connecting the garage to the house, there sat the Topkick. This was the first time I've seen the truck in proper lighting in a few days. I noticed a scratch on the hood of the truck. Scrunching my eyebrows, I made my way over to it, tracing the scratch with my fingers. The scratch was particularly deep. I wonder if Ron knows about it yet.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water, patting the hood of the truck before walking back into the house.

Right before I was about to go up the stairs, I saw my brothers old collection of NERF guns, why don't we mess with Will's weapons specialist and have some fun later?

•••

"Hey, so I was in the garage and I saw there's a scratch on the truck, my uncle owns a auto repair shop, do you want to go and get it fixed?" It was true, that truck had carried the both of us over two thousand miles in the past week alone, and I'm sure it doesn't get any special treatment at NEST.

"Sure, why not? I'm sure he would love it," Ron mumbled the last part, and I missed what he said. I just shrugged my shoulders and didn't think much of it.

I called my uncle, asking if Ron and I were allowed to bring the truck in for a quick fix, and of course, he said it would be fine with him.

Most of the men in the shop knew who I was, whenever we had to go into Philadelphia, my mom always parked her car at the shop since it was her brothers. She'd also grown up with most the men there, and they the equivalent to uncles, just covered in sweat and oil.