Chapter Seven

My arms and shoulders ache as I keep struggling, the rope rubbing against my skin and turning it red.
Finally, I give up and give in to the tired feeling, resting my head against the wood behind me, panting in frustration as I shut my eyes for a second.
I hope I'm found soon, because I will never be 'Jake's' ever again. I hope the phone's battery didn't run out before the call could be tracked.
I'm being stupid. Of course it didn't.
The door- newly fixed in however long it's been since Jake left me here- now opens and the man steps into the room, holding a plate in his hand as he walks over to the bed. He sets it down on the mattress and climbs up beside me.
"I thought you would be hungry", Jake says, calmly caressing the side of my face with his hand. "Have you learned your lesson yet?"
I say nothing, jerking my head away from him, glaring at the barred window to my left, forcing myself to swallow a lump of guilt and sadness.
"Talk to me, Cupcake."
"Why?", I snap. "And thanks, but I'm not hungry."
"Yes, you are", he replies. "But you can't starve yourself because of how angry you are at me."
"Go away", I hiss. "I hate you."
"No, you don't. It's unhealthy to do this to yourself."
"Unhealthy?!", I shout, jerking forward, only to be shoved back by my restraints. "You want to talk about unhealthy?! You gave me electroshock and erased my memories so I would love you! That's fucking unhealthy."
Fire.
I would rub my now red cheek with my hand, but obviously, I can't.
I stare, wide- eyed with my mouth hanging open at Jake, whose hand drops back into his lap, his expression smoothing back to neutral, waiting for me to speak.
My eyes fill up with tears as I silently try to come up with something, anything that I could say.
"Leave me alone", I say finally, my voice cracking.
"Cupcake-"
"GO!", I shout, struggling. "Because when I get out of here, I will kill you."
-----
"What are we going to do with her now?", I hear Zack's voice ask from the other side of the door. "She knows way too much."
Jake sighs. "She will learn that we are the only ones who can help her. Another session would kill her, so that is off the table. We need her."
"What's wrong with killing her?", his friend asks. "No one would miss her; they think she's dead anyways."
"We should leave her here", my ex- fiancé replies. "Go back to America. See how that goes."
"The police will be looking for us there", Zack answers. "We should bring her with us and then leave her somewhere no one will find her to die."
"Good plan." There's a small pause, and then Jake continues, "I'll prep the helicopter. We can leave tomorrow morning."
"Just make sure there won't be any problems."
The door opens and Jake walks into the room with a glass of water in his hand.
"You can get away with not eating, but I won't let you not hydrate", he says firmly, expecting me to protest. I silently nod my head, keeping my gaze trained on my lap.
I lift up my chin as the man holds the cup for me, tipping it slightly so I can drink, patiently letting me do so for about a minute before pulling the glass away.
"Do you need anything else?"
"I have to go to the bathroom", I lie quietly, refusing to look him in the eye.
He sighs, but reaches up and unties me from the headboard, tugging on the rope to yank me to my feet, leading me into the bathroom.
You have five minutes", Jake says before leaving me alone.
 I sigh in relief and reach behind the toilet to grab the phone.

Me: I'm going to be taken back to America. Tomorrow morning. I'll be left to die when we arrive. I'm sorry.

Dad: Never be sorry, because you aren't going to die. I promise. You'll be okay.

Me: I can promise nothing. I have to go.

I turn off the device and tuck it back in it's hiding spot, flushing the toilet and going over to the sink to run cold water over my hands.
With difficulty, I open the door and walk meekly back over to the bed, sitting cross- legged beside Jake, expecting him to secure my bonds back to the bed.
He doesn't.
We sit quietly in silence for a moment, him looking at my face, me focused on the mattress an inch in front of me.
The next thing I know, I'm being shoved onto my back, the man's lips pressing down hard on mine.
I move my head away. "Stop", I say quietly, barely managing to get the word out before they touch me again, harder and harder until I find it hard to breathe.
I roll out of the way, but Jake pulls me back, shoving my back against the wood as he trails kisses down my neck.
"Stop", I choke out. "Please stop."
He ignores me, his hands moving up and down my hips.
I start crying, wanting this to end as the man's fingers reach through the waistband of my pants.
"Stop", I sob. "Stop!"
It doesn't.