Chapter 10: Coming Back

Chapter 10

(Rory's POV)

Today we are going to get Anna. I hope she's not where I was. No one should be tortured like that. But one thing is certain where she was....The Capitol.

Last night I just found out Rue is a mutt. It was a lot to take in but if we get Anna back, then there would be 1 good thing happening. I feel like our family isn't seeing eye to eye anymore.

(At the Capitol)

Okay, we just need to get in and get out. Simple. We look around for any peacekeepers. "All clear!" Mom says. We run from cover and entered the building.

We go up some stairs and I start having flashbacks. The whipping, the laughing, the sorrow. It's all coming back. I can't believe Anna has to go through what I went through. I feel bad, Anna is only 10 years old.

Rue then stops in her place. She holds her head and slides down the wall. Pain is what she is feeling. I wonder why this is happening. "Rue, what's wrong." Dad asks. We hear Anna scream. "Follow me." Mom says. Rue is still in pain but she is fighting through it. I have to say of all the Mellark kids, Rue is the bravest.

When we find the room that Anna is in, I bust the door open. I see three peacekeepers and Anna is in pain too. She was getting water boarded. We fight them off and I untied Anna. We hug and she cries into my shirt. I stroke and told her "It's okay, were here." She is soaking wet but I ignore it.

Anna looks at Rue but she notices something we all noticed before. Rue's eyes. "What's wrong with your eyes?!" Anna asks. Everyone waits for an answer, then Rue answers "Well it turns out, I'm part mutt." Anna looks at her with wide eyes. "Wh-" "I'll tell you later." Rue interrupts her.

We quickly run out of the building and started going back home. This is not going well for us.

(At Home)

We walk into the house that got destroyed by the flower and the first thing that happens is that Anna starts crying. Haymitch comforts her.

"I'm going to kill her." Anna says. "Who?" Rue asks. "Snow." She answers. Our eyes widen. Snow is dead. Mom killed him. "What are you talking about?" Dad asks. Anna sighs. "Snow's granddaughter is coming for us."