Cheer up!

Someone wanted me to make this a longer chapter, so here you go, over 2,000 words! Get this to 25 votes and I'll do longer chapters! Btw, I'm giving shoutouts at the end!

Ash POV

I opened my eyes, it was roughly 3 am and I was asleep on the side of Serena's hospital bed, I looked at her, she was still asleep so I was quiet, cautious not to wake her. I looked more closely at her, she still had the bandage from when Alex cut her throat. I looked at her eyes, she was so cute when she slept. I smiled, thinking about her beauty. But then...I remembered everything that happened yesterday... If Alex EVER tries anything again, he's gonna get it...

I realized something...

"This was all my fault...", I whispered, not wanting to wake up Serena.

"Ash, no it wasn't, it was Alex's fault. Please don't say that." She said, her eyes now open, looking at me with sorrow.

My hand was still holding onto hers, I raised it up and kissed it, "I'm sorry Serena, if only I got there quicker..." I felt a tear run down my face, I even saw it fall onto the floor, "...you wouldn't be in this hospital bed right now, you could be at home with me, having fun, perfectly healthy..."

I looked up to her, she too had tears on her face, I hated seeing her like this. I let go of her hands and moved them to her face, wiping away her tears.

"Please...please, Serena... please don't cry! I'd cry you tears for you! I'll do anything I can to make you comfortable...but please don't cry. A face as beautiful as yours doesn't deserve to have tears running down them..."

Right after I said that, she sat up and had me in a hug, we just sat there, in a passionate hug, not letting the moment break...

After a couple minutes, I broke the hug and placed my forehead on hers, "I love you, Serena Yvonne... I'll never let anything happen to you... EVER again..."

"Ash, your so sweet, I love you so much... but I still have a question for you..."

"What is it princess?"

She blushed, "So the doctor said that I can leave later," she looked over to her clock, "...today! Around 12 pm or so, he said. So, when we get out, and when I feel better, can you teach me how to protect myself, for the mission and my own personal reasons?"

"Of course princess, I don't want anything to happen to you ever again! I'll make sure you are safe, if I'm there, or not! Now... get some rest beautiful, good night..."

Our foreheads were still connected and I leaned in for a soft kiss on her lips, I parted and layed my head on the side of her bed. I noticed her breathing calmed, and her eyes were closed... she's safe... now I can rest...

-------------

Serena POV

It was the next morning, our friends, my mom, and Delia had came over to visit. Everyone brought me flowers, balloons, and my mom got me a little teddiursa, it had black fur and a white moon on its head. It reminded me of Ash and his raven hair. I will cherish it forever!

Everyone was so worried for me, they all cared so much. I'm so grateful to have such loving friends, a loving boyfriend(future husband...hehehe) with a mother that loves me as much as him, and a loving mother who I wouldn't give give up for the entire world!

I was allowed to leave my room and get out of my bed, but we decided to stay in the room, I was sitting down on a chair talking to May until Dawn came up to us.