21. Drinks

Joe's POV

I left the door open on our way out, knowing that Josh would be round any time soon. As Alex and i walked down the stairs of our apartment in silence, I was thinking about Caspar. I hadn't been able to stop recently, and it was becoming a rather big problem.

"Dude, you okay?" Alex asked me as we reached ground floor. He was looking at m with his eyebrow raised.

"I'm fine," I said reasurringly, "Where are we going?"

"I don't know man, you live here!" he laughed, "Where's the nearest pub?"

"Just down the road, isn't it a bit early to be drinking, it's like the middle of they day."

"Joe," Alex stopped me sternly, "It is never too early."

I rolled my eyes with a smile, and started walking again.

"So," Alex started, who was walking beside me, "How long have you been living with Caspar for now?"

I was startled by the sudden question.

"Erm... I don't know, 2 years i think." i said to him.

"Wow man," Alex chuckled, patting me on the back, "You really must be dead close if you've managed to live with the same dude for 2 years. I get sick of roomies after a while, so i just end up living on my own."

I wasn't sure what to say to this, so i muttered a reply hesitantly, "Yeah well... he's like my best friend. We get on really well, we have loads in common. We've been close ever since we first met."

"No kidding," Alex replied, "According to the public you're unbreakable. People think you're together, like in a relationship."

I sucked in a breath too quickly for my body to register and i ended up choking there on the spot. Alex smacked my back with force, "You alright? What happened?"

"Nothing. Nothing, i just like...died..." I said.

Alex burst out laughing, "You died?"

"You get what i mean," I said, although he probably didn't, "I just swallowed a larger breath than anticipated."

"Right," Alex looked at me uncertainly, "That's a rather large word for you Sugg, Caspar been reading the dictionary out loud to you?"

"Hey!" I scolded him, "I'll have you know, i was actually really smart in school, just nobody realized..."

"Yeah yeah," Alex waved the conversation to a close, "How far is this bar? If it was miles away you could've said so i could've rang a taxi man."

I rolled my eyes again, "Dude it's right there," I pointed to a building on the opposite side of the busy London road.

Alex's eyes immediately shone, like a lost puppy who could see it's beloved family again.

"Ah yes!" Alex clapped.

I shook my head bemusedly, "Mate you're mental."

Alex seemed to ignore my comment, however, and he said, "Who's this Josh dude?"

"Josh?" I was confused at first, but then grasped that he was talking about Caspars' best friend Josh, "He's Caspars' best friend."

"Do you get along with him? Is he nice?" he asked.

"He's alright, we get along really well. Why?" i asked.

"No reason." Alex said, but his face said differently.

"Alex." I stopped sternly in my tracks. 

Alex sighed, "You just looked really fed up when Caspar said his name to me. Don't think i didn't notice it Sugg."

I mustn't of been able to contain my jealousy. I always get jealous over Caspar and Josh. I don't know why. I know Josh and Caspar are just best friends, as they have known each other for an extremely long time now, but somehow they were always closer than Caspar and I.

I quickly tried to come up with an excuse.

"I just wanted it to be me, you, and Caspar tonight, you know?"

Alex looked like he wanted to roll on the floor with laughter at my excuse.

"Joe seriously? That is the best you could come up with? What's wrong with him? Are you jealous or something?"

Again, i started choking on midair. Alex's eyes opened wide.

"You are!" he yelled.

"What- No i'm not!" i protested.

"Sugg doesn't want to lose his best friend to his best friends best friend!" Alex shouted, as if that sentence was the easiest registered thing in the world, "Cute."

"Dude what are you talking about?" 

"Don't think i haven't realized Joe." Alex said, surprisingly serious.

I froze, dreading what he had realized.

"Realized what?" I asked warily.

"You're letting your jealousy take control of you! I can tell you like Caspar man..." he said.

I shut my eyes and sighed deeply.

"Man you've got this all wrong-" I started, but he cut me off quickly.

"Don't start giving me all that crap, i know what i saw Joe." he winked.

I cringed in embarrassment, "You saw?"

Alex answered with a quick imitation of me kissing Caspar on the cheek, to which i slapped his arm forcefully with a  scowl on my face.

"You've got to keep this to yourself." I said.

"Joe," Alex started, "Who do you take me for? I wouldn't do anything. You tell people when you're ready, okay?"

I nodded, and gave him a thankful smile, before he grabbed my arm and dragged me in the direction of the pub.

"Now c'mon. Enough talking about your boyfriend. I wanna get drunk." he announced.

I laughed and let him pull me towards the building. I think maybe, being drunk myself, would help me with this huge lie i'm carrying on my shoulders day by day.

A/N First of all... I'M BACKKKKKKK!!!!! I've been away for about a month, i think? Sorry i didn't tell anybody of my absence, but i really just wanted to get away for a while, and not worry about uploading on time like i usually do. 

I've tried to make this chapter slightly longer in my sincerest apologies.

I hope you like the chapter.

Danni X