EPILOGUE

Joe's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror, feeling anxiety rush through my bones. 

My hair was styled neatly into a quiff like it always was but somehow managed to fit the occasion perfectly. The smell of my cologne filled the air, filling my lungs with excitement and anticipation. I never knew it was possible to feel this much exhilaration and nervousness at the same time - it was quite daunting.

Slowly, I moved my eyes downwards along the mirror, checking out every inch of my reflection. My suit was ironed straight, no creases or indents were to be seen. It was a deep charcoal black colour, and I had a plain white shirt underneath, along with a tie to bring the look together. 

I then brought my eyes to my hands. The were physically shaking wildly, but that didn't stop me from smiling as I saw it.

I twizzled the piece of metal around my finger, feeling the warmth as I remembered the day it happened all too well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Caspar care to explain what you are doing?"

"Joe I can't tell you that! Then it won't be a surprise!"

"Cas, love, I'm scared of your surprises. I don't trust them."

"Well, that's just plain rude."

I laughed, even though the blindfold was preventing me from seeing Caspar, I could tell he was pouting. Sometimes he was such a child.

"Well, can you at least tell me when you are going to allow me to see again?"

"Nope." Caspar replied, popping the 'p'.

I huffed to myself as I heard the sound of things clattering all over the floor and Caspar silently cursing to himself, signalling that he had knocked something over. It was such a good job that I wasn't blind permanently - god knows how we'd get along in life.

After about 5 minutes of me standing still blindfolded, and Caspar seemingly throwing things around the room, he finally signalled he was done.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"2 in the afternoon, why?" Caspar replied, and I could clearly hear the confusion in his voice.

"Oh, so only 5 minutes has passed? Cause' i thought I'd been standing here for a decade."

I flinched as I felt his palm made contact with my face, "That's very funny, Joe. Now do you want to see or not?"

"Let me think about that..."

"Fine, fine. I'll just put everything back where it was."

"No, no!" I waved my arms around wildly, trying to locate Caspar with my sense of touch, "Take this damn thing off and let me see what a mess you've made."

As I felt the material loosen from around my head, I blinked, re-adjusting my eyes to the light. For the first 10 seconds, I couldn't see anything. But then I did see something. And my jaw dropped to the floor.

The room was filled with pictures of us, hung on every wall. Pictures from years ago, when we were just friends. Pictures from when we told our audiences about us, exactly two years ago today.

The dim light from the candles, which i noticed later on, glowing in the corner of the room highlighted all our memories together.

"What is this for?" I breathed out finally.