Chapter 5 - Torture

My eyes begin to flutter open. A groan escapes my lips. The bed I am on is hard. Where am I? Slowly, I start to sit up. It feels like someone is nailing something into my head. Running a hand through my hair, I swing my leg off of the table. What happened? Glancing around, I see a familiar blue shirt. Running over, I see Sans on the floor. Gasping, I run over and pull him into my arms. Memories of Flower start to come back as I pull Sans back from me. His eyes start to open. They land on me and his eyes widen.

"Frisk . . ." he whispers. Suddenly, he tackles me in a hug. The air comes out of me and I laugh, hugging him. It worked. It really worked. "Wait, where is Alphys? After we finished injecting you with the serum, she went to go get something and then something happened, and, and," he says, glancing around.

"Hey, it's ok. Everything is ok. Let's go get her," I say, grabbing his hand. We both stand up and walk over to where Sans says she is heading. We look around. Finally, I spot a dirty lab coat. Running over, I grab her. She begins waking up.

"Huh? Undyne, is that you?" she murmurs, opening her eyes. Our eyes meet and red flushes her face. "I-I didn't mean, um, sh-she um, it's not what you think!" Alphys cries. A smile spreads across my face as I giggle. Sans smiles and crosses his arms. "Wait, s-so it really worked?" she asks me, eyes wide. I nod and she jumps up, hugging me. "I mean, it didn't work like the thing said but it worked how we wanted it to," she says, pulling away. Tilting my head, she waves her hand in front of her face. "It's nothing. Anyways, I'm going to need you to come back every day so I can monitor you," she says, looking me in the eye.

"Ok," I sign.

"Really, going back to sign language?" Sans says.

"I don't like talking all that must. Waste of air," I sign, giggling again. Sans nods and scoops me up, putting me on his back. Wrapping my arms around Sans's neck, I turn to Alphys. "Thank you. I really mean it," I sign. She nods and smiles triumphantly. Sans starts walking out of the lab and I wave to Alphys one more time. Once we are out, I rest my head on his shoulder. "You don't need to carry me," I whisper.

"Too bad. I want to. Plus it's a good workout," he says, looking at me. Rolling my eyes, I kiss his cheek. "I'm glad you're safe. Really. But these next few weeks, you need to take it really easy. We don't know what that serum might have done to you," he says, glancing back at me. Nodding, I close my eyes. He was warm. Nice warm. We make our way to Waterfall, where I glance at Undyne's house.

"Is she there?" I ask.

"Huh, looks like the lights are on. So yeah, I'm guessing so," he responds.

"Let's go see her," I say. He nods and starts heading over to her house. Slowly, he puts me down. The door swings open as a worried Undyne stares at us. In her house were Asgore, Pap, Toriel, and something under a cover. "Hey," I sign wearily. Undyne lets out a sigh of relief as she pulls me into a gentle hug.

"I was so worried! And I saw that stupid flower outside of Alph's so I decided to catch it," she says, smiling. Glancing, the object under the cover moves a tad bit. Toriel glares at it and smacks the cover. The object squeals and stops moving. Sans sighs and nods. We walk into the house and Toriel runs over, helping me to the chair. Papyrus is smiling with relief. Undyne walks over and lifts up the curtain. Under it was Flowey. He shot darts at everyone in the room with his eyes, struggling in the pot. "Alright, you stupid flower, talk. Or I'll call Alph over here and she'll do all sorts of experiments on ya!" Undyne growls. Flowey hisses back, looking away.

"Hey," I whisper, pulling at Undyne. Her eyes widen as I move her back. "I need alone time with him, is that ok?" I sign. They all nod and start filtering out. Before he can leave, I grab Sans's jacket. He nods and walks over, sitting on the couch. Flowey looks at me, smiling sadistically.

"Hey, Vita," he says, laughing.

"Don't ever call me that," I say. Rolling his eyes, he looks at me.

"How are you alive, huh? You have one HP left. A single health point," he says.

"That doesn't matter," I say.

"Or did Alphys do something for you, huh? You know she never does anything right," he says, laughing. A growl comes from Sans as he moves towards me. "Whoa there, Bones. Hold yourself," he says, laughing. "I'm not going to be able to talk if your Gaster Blaster shoots through me," he says. Glancing at Sans, I see his brow furrow.

"Why?" I ask.

"Why not? I mean, you seemed to have a lot of fun in those other worlds," he says, laughing maniacally. I wince a bit, glaring at him. Now I'm starting to get angry. Slowly, I stand up and make my way over to him. Grabbing one of his petals, I begin pulling at it. He starts to squirm. As he does, I pull harder. He wines out of pain and I stop.

"Why? Why put me through that pain!" I cry.

"Because you take all my fun away! I can't torture anyone with you around!" he growls. Sans sighs and I sit back, running a hand through my hair. Our eyes and I crawl over to Sans. He pulls me into his lap, cradling me. "Oh, come on! I don't want to see that!" Flowey snarls.

"You want me to rip off all your petals? Because the only thing stopping me is her," Sans says, his blue eye flashing. Flowey's eyes narrow and I sigh, leaning into Sans's shoulder. Flowey lets out a defeated sigh and I close my eyes. Sans's deep breaths are rhythmic and calming.

"Flowey, are you lonely?" I ask.

"Wh-What are you talking about?! No, I'm not lonely!" he growls.

"You sure act lik-" I stop mid-sentence. Pain erupts in my stomach, causing me to curl into a ball. Sans gives me a worried look and Flowey's eyes widen. "Ahh!" I cry, the pain growing. It wasn't like a stabbing pain. More like a dull, growing pain. Sans pulls me closer.

"Hey, Frisk?" he asks.

"Oh, I see now," Flowey laughs.

"Shut it!" Sans says.

"Did you tell her?!" Flowey says.

"I said shut up!" Sans yells, pointing at him. Undyne and the other run in. I let out a groan, curling up even more. What is this? Papyrus walks over, pushing my hand back. Everyone's eyes water as they look down at me. I try fighting the pain but it just grows and grows. Sans pulls me towards him.

"Oh, come on! Tell her! Tell her you injected her with monster blood infused with determination!" Flowey yells. Suddenly, a blue light explodes from my stomach, knocking everyone back. The pain has now faded, leaving a strange tingling sensation. Everyone is knocked out, lying on the ground. Wobbly, I begin to stand up. Slowly, I make my way to Sans.

"Sans?" I whisper. The low hum of the light continues to radiate from me. It wasn't just on my stomach, but my whole body was glowing with this light. His heart is still beating; he just won't open his eyes. A tear slides down my cheek and drops onto his face. My hands are careful as I put him back down on the ground. Turning, I walk out of the house.

"I'm sorry," I say, running away from the house.