Chapter 18 - I See Dead People

Growling, I swing my now casted leg at Dream. He squeals and shoots out of the way, leaving me spinning aimlessly. As I continue to spin, he floats there and points, laughing. Narrowing my eyes, I grunt. Ink rolls his eyes and continues writing. The click of his typewriter is muffled by our laughter and shrieks. Looking over at him, I sigh and teleport next to him.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask, looking over his shoulder.

"None of your business," he says, waving me away. Narrowing my eyes, I teleport above him and poke his head. He sighs and looks at me. "What?" he asks, crossing his arms. A smile covering my face, I giggle. Again, he sighs. Dream glides over and looks at him. His eyes widen.

"Whoa! What are you doing with Underfell?!" Dream cries.

"Nothing! Just, ugh, go!" Ink growls. Dream narrows his eyes.

"What's going on?" I ask, looking at the page. It seemed fine. But here's the thing about Ink, once he finishes a piece, he's done with it! Poof, done! So the fact that he is working on Underfell is somewhat worrying. The ink on the paper seems, well, fine. Not at all messed up or changed since I read it.

"Nothing, it's just, well, I could have sworn something happened while I wasn't looking. Like the letter switched for a split second," he murmurs. Looking at Dream, our eyes connect. In unison, we burst out laughing, almost crying. Ink looks at us. "What?!" he cries, throwing his arms out.

"I think you need to go back to bed," I say, patting his head.

"Oh, har har. I'm serious! I wrote all these stories, and I know when something happens with them," Ink says, rolling his eyes and turning back to the typewriter. Calming down, I wipe my eyes and sigh, nodding. Dream floats away, still laughing his butt off.

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry," I say, composing myself.

"You need to get out of here," Ink says. Eagerly, I nod.

"Well, being cooped up in here for three weeks has its price," I say, shrugging.

"Yeah," he says, murmuring. "Like the fact that you find the stupidest things funny," Ink says, looking at me. His eyes bright as he crosses his arms. Looking him up and down, I wait for him to say it. "Jergens," he says. Laughter bursts from in me as tears form in my eyes. He throws his arms up, smiling slightly. "Seriously," he says.

"I-I'm sorry! I'll compose myself, I promise," I say, trying to calm myself.

"Yeah, yeah," he says. Looking at Underfell's paper, he sighs, rubbing his chin. Suddenly, an idea pops into his head. His eyes brighten as he gasps. Looking at me, he smiles. "I know! I'll have you go ask the people in Underfell," he says, smiling triumphantly. As I stop laughing, I look at him.

"What?"

"I can heal your leg, I mean, in there at least, and you can go ask the questions!" he says. My eyes bug out of my head as I give him a nice long look. Is he insane? Was he not watching the last time I went there? He sighs, rubbing his head. "Yeah, ok, I know. Last time you went there, they did treat you too nicely," he says.

"Not nicely?! They tried to slaughter me after I told their Frisk that I wasn't from there?!" I cry, throwing my arms up. A pained look crosses his face as I growl, looking at Dream. He glides over and sighs, crossing his arms. Ink looks at me, crossing his arms. We hold a stare until I break away. "Fine! You win! But the second they try breaking my other leg, I'm out of there!" I say. He nods and grabs his pen, writing a couple things on a slip. He places it in my hand, and closes his eyes, teleporting me in. Looking around, I gasp. Papyrus's room. God, this place is all too familiar.