Chapter Six

A month passed by, the hype of capture the flag died down, and Pharah was now shoving him into a tattoo parlor. "You lost that match with Ross!" D.Va was saying, amusement leaking in her voice.

Jack just grunted, stumbling into the parlor. Victor was there today, he was looking through a book when they walked in.

"Hey." Victor said, waving his hand. His black hair was pulled up messily with a tie, his gray eyes looked almost silver today.

"Heia! We came for some tattoos!" D.Va giggled, her grin easy.

"Alright, if you don't mind waiting around me and my partner can try our best."

"We have all day." Pharah said, before shoving Jack forward, "You first." He sighed, taking the book shoved toward him. Jack looked through it with his three friends crowded around him.

"What are you gettin'?" McCree asked, watching with a bored face.

"Some ravens..." Jack said, tapping his the place above his heart. Victor lay a page in front of him, making Jack stop. Three ravens were in flight, and colored with black. Jack smiled, "I'll do that."

Victor smiled, "Alright, what about you guys?" The three chose something, Pharah getting what seemed more painful, a tattoo like her mothers under her left eye. Jack was escorted in the backroom, D.Va and McCree choosing to stay behind and look while they got their tattoos done.

"So, any bad news?" Victor asked, Jack sitting down with a long, drawn out sigh.

"No...I don't think Ethan cares much, after he lost capture the flag."

"Oh capture the flag!" Victor grinned widely, "Great, you were on Reaper's team?"

"Yeah I was..." Jack smiled, remembering the night like it was some lucid dream. Victor raised an eyebrow, "You like him?"

Jack nodded, "Yeah, I like him. He's always grumpy but he seems pretty chill. He also keeps a good eye on me and the newcomers. I don't know why, but he's just sort of there whenever I'm in trouble..."

He was ranting.

Victor had amusement washed over his face, "No Jack...Do you, like him?"

Jack burned, "No!" He sputtered out, "Plus, he's probably way too busy to worry about people, he already has to look out for us. You know, I bet he even has a girlfriend or boyfriend! You never know, he might! Stop laughing at me!" Victor was laughing so hard he couldn't set up his machine.

"Okay Jack...Sorry." Victor shook his head, and took out a square, sliding in a glass plate. Jack watched with curiosity, watching Victor hit a few buttons and then watch the picture come onto a screen. "Alright, take off your shirt."

Jack did, laying it down on the arm rest. Victor put it on his white skin, and for a moment, Victor stopped, "You know Morrison, if you do this, there's no going back."

"Yeah, I know." Jack said, quirking an eyebrow.

Victor shrugged, and put the square above his heart. It hurt, making him squirm under what felt like tiny needles stabbing him all at once. Victor sat back, watching the screen Jack couldn't see anymore. "How have the simulations been going?"

"I've been able to take my time..." Jack said through clenched teeth.

"Yeah?" Victor said, smiling at him.

"Thanks to Reaper I've been able to stretch out my time to twenty minutes, but it's kind of hard," Jack explained, stretching out his legs and shifting in his seat. Victor nodded, "Yeah, he would know how to do that..."