Chapter Thirteen

Jack walked slowly back toward his dorm that night, his insides felt like they were giggling and his head was fuzzy. He could have stayed the night with Reaper, drinking whatever poison he had and snuggle up with him to watch that old pirated film he found, but Jack had a tickling feeling he should get back to the dorms and sleep. The serum was making his neck itch, and he had a growing headache.

He considered going to a nurse when the door to the dorm was kicked open, and Jack froze. McCree and the others walked almost zombie-like out of the dorms, dressed and ready. McCree even had his hat, Jack ran up to them, "Pharah!" She didn't respond.

Jack watched as they marched, and his instincts kicked in, he jumped behind Pharah and followed the group. They walked down into the Chasm, Jack realized how dead brained everyone looked, mind control?

Jack looked forward, his eyes trained on the back of Pharah's head. She stopped, and Jack almost ran right into her. He leaned a little bit to the side, Ross strapped on armor, grabbed a gun and ammo, and started walking again. Jack's throat went dry, and he straightened up, looking straight ahead.

Pharah stepped up, doing what Ross did. Ethan walked out of a hallway, studying, grinning. "This is perfect." He laughed, rubbing his hands together. Another person came out, someone Jack hasn't met yet. He had brown skin and looked honestly annoyed of the whole situation.

Jack was next, stepping up and doing what Pharah did without any hesitation. Ethan chuckled, walking right up next to him, "Look at you, Jack Morrison, the perfect boy who was going to make this place perfect again." Ethan spits at Jack's feet, "Bullshit."

"Ethan." The guy growled, making Ethan sniff before turning on his heel and letting Jack grab his gun. Before he could load up on ammo, someone came out yelling.

"Whoa, what's going on?" He laughed, hitting someone. "Is this some kind of joke?" Ethan cackled.

The kid looked at Ethan, "Hey whats-" He was interrupted when Ethan raised a hand gun and Jack held back a flinch as the kid dropped dead. Ethan giggled.

"Divergents are so useless," Ethan said, clapped his hands together like a maniac. The other guy just rolled his eyes. Jack loaded his gun and walked forward. Pharah and Ross stood in line, waiting. Jack listened to the people behind strap themselves up for some fight Jack was confused about.

Ethan opened a door, Ross going right through it. The trains that circle the city rested on it's tracks, waiting for someone to board them. Jack to his horror saw people already inside, like cattle going to the slaughter. Jack's hands started to shake, but he followed with heavy steps.

They climbed into the train, everyone lining up and waiting. They stood there for almost what felt like an hour, before the doors slid shut and Jack felt the train lurched forward. Jack finally panicked, he knew he was alone, but then he spotted the black beanie of Reaper up ahead. Jack slowly slid forward, gently pushing past everyone, before stopping behind Reaper.

Jack wanted to ask if he was awake when Reaper's hand that was in a fist, uncurled, and Jack slipped his hand in his. Jack watched the back of Reaper for what felt like forever, the train dragging on it's rails.

Finally, they shuddered to a stop, everyone rose their guns and turned toward the door, Jack doing the same thing, followed them out. Jack almost hesitated, they were in Abnegation. He felt his throat go dry, and his hands started to sweat, his parents, Ana and Reinhardt.

He glanced at Pharah, but she looked dead out. Jack gulped and followed.

Reaper walked behind him, Jack could hear the crunch of his boots behind him. Jack was trying to not shake, but he couldn't breathe. Jack heard screaming, then gunshots. Ethan came parading out of the train, "Kill them! Let's watch what this weak faction burn!"