Chapter Seven

Reaper took off his jacket, wrapping it around his shoulders as they walked. It was slightly bigger than him but smelled of spice and cinnamon. Jack clung onto it as he followed Reaper, not looking up, just keeping his face down so Reaper couldn't see his fear.

Maybe this will be another of his fears in the simulations.

Reaper stopped suddenly, Jack bumping into him. Reaper didn't say anything, just slipped a card out and swiped it along a keylock. A quiet beep and they stepped into a very tidy apartment. A sofa was sitting in the living room with a small TV in front, and the kitchen had a coffee maker out and a mug in the sink. Two doors lead into what he could see was a bathroom and bedroom.

"Come in," Reaper said softly, and Jack stepped inside. He slipped off Reaper's jacket, looking around with pure interest.

"I didn't know you had your own apartment..."

Reaper laughed, "What, did you actually think I'd sleep with a bunch of nerds like Ethan?" Jack smiled, following him into the very big bedroom. The huge bed sat in the middle, a dresser and bedside table the only other furniture. There was another door that lead out to a balcony, but huge paneled windows lined one area of the wall, letting you see into the huge city.

"Holy shit, what a view..." Jack whispered, putting his palm against the glass. The moon shone above them, but the glow from the Erudite building seemed to give off more light. The stars were twinkling brightly, he missed them.

"Ya'know, when me and Angela were kids, we use to sneak up on the roof and watch the stars all night. Dad got real pissed when he found his two kids atop the roof dead asleep." Reaper laughed, walking up behind him.

"Who's Angela?" He asked, looking at Jack. But all he could do was stare outside, the beauty taking his eyes.

"She's my sister. She went to Erudite...I hope she hasn't gotten to much shit about that." His eyes traveled to the Erudite building, wondering where Angela was now. He smiled, probably learning something silly. He never noticed the loving look on Reaper's face that night, but if he would have turned and looked at him, the shadow might have just kissed him.

"Here." Reaper handed him a black tee, "Change quickly, you can stay here for the night if you like." Jack turned and watch Reaper exit the room. Jack turned back to the outside, studying the stars, Reinhardt use to know a lot about the stars, and he wished the loud man was here today.

Jack pulled off his soaked shirt, laying it out on the bed. Then pulled the little to big tee over his head. He hugged it to himself, smiling slightly. It was so big on him, he loved it. Jack walked back into the main area, where Reaper was sitting on the couch. His feet were kicked up, and scrolling what seemed to be a tablet.

"May I?" He asked, and Reaper gave a short nod. Jack settled down on the couch, looking out the window nearest to him. It wasn't as amazing as the bedroom, but it was better than none. Jack sat in silence before Reaper reached out and touched his forehead.

He leaned away, wincing. He almost forgot he hit his head hard. "I didn't even notice that." Reaper sighed, standing up and walking toward one of his cupboards.

"I forgot about it so." He shrugged, making Reaper smirk. He walked back toward him, sitting next to him.

"Turnaround, Golden Boy." He grumbled, and Jack turned so his legs crossed on the couch. Reaper took out some alcohol wipes, dabbing at other cuts he didn't know he had. He winced, wanting to lean away. He washed off the dried blonde on his head, looking through his hair before letting him go.

"Thank you." Jack said as Reaper put away his first aid. Reaper just grunted, making Jack smirk. He looked over at a clock hanging above his exit door. 2:00 a.m. He sighed, standing up.