Chapter Eight

A few weeks passed, and Ethan refused to come work with the rookies now. A new girl, her name was Alice, walked around and watched. She was better aim then Reaper and laughed at every little thing anyone said remotely funny. Jack liked her, she had short brown hair and bright eyes, she was a lot more fun to have around and less terrifying.

She was watching Jack that day shoot his gun, he somehow has become the best aim in the group, and if he concentrated really hard could hit the dummies through the head straight on. Alice hummed in approval, "Wow Morrison! Looking great!" She beamed, "Glad someone can actually hit the damn target."

Pharah was the next in praise, and then Jesse. D.Va just glared at Alice till she walked away. They knew D.Va wasn't that good of an aim, but she's been improving. She can actually hit the targets now.

Jesse was humming some stupid amity song Jack once heard when he and his sister helped the amity load trucks. "Jesse you're messing me up." He growled after missing again. Jesse laughed.

"Sorry pal, just like that song." He stopped, though. Jack sighed, aiming once more.

He felt a presence behind him right as he squeezed the trigger and hit the target straight between the eyes. He turned slightly and saw it was Reaper leaning closer than he would normally, "Not wearing my jacket today?"

Jack smirked, "Yeah, I don't want to get it dirty...Also, it's really warm today..." Jack looked up at the visible sun shining down today, warming the top of the roof.

"Yeah, it is...Still, just don't want it to get lost is all." He smiled, making Jack grin like a kid. He took aim again, and hit the dummy, only missing once. He unloaded the gun, taking it apart, putting it back, reloading, and went back to aim once more.

Reaper was walking down the aisle of kids, but all Jack could think about was Reaper right behind him, he could feel his hands hold out like he was going to fix Jack's posture, but didn't make any attempt.

He unloaded his gun, before putting it away and following the group downstairs for lunch.

The newbies were sweating, but laughing and jumping around like kids on energy drinks, but all Jack felt was tired. If he even thought about what happened a few weeks ago he gets dizzy and want's to die all at the same time.

Right now was at that moment.

The thoughts came to him in slow bursts, right as he thought he would never think of it, it comes back up. Like, if you ever did something that was so cringe, or so bad, and after burying it away for ages, it comes back to the front of your mind. And you die in embarrassment all over again. Yeah, Jack felt that way.

He still felt anxious over it, even though it was in the past. If he had time traveling powers, he would go back and try to fix that problem. But nope, he's left with stupid memory's that seem to show up at weird moments.

Jack was walking back toward the dorm, ready to just take today off, when he accidently ran straight into Jason. He stumbled back, "Sorry!" He stuttered out, holding out a hand to make sure the other person didn't fall.

Jason's cropped hair was sticking up, making him look more handsome, "Oh! Jack Morrison. What a surprise." He laughed, his voice smooth and slightly more high pitched. Jack gave him a nod and tried to step around him, but Jason followed him.

"Jack, I wanted to talk to you actually." Jack raised an eyebrow, his heart starting to pick up pace.

"Oh? What's wrong?" His head went straight to what he overheard, wondering if Jason was going to elaborate on what he said. But Jason only smiled some more, leaning a little closer.