Chapter Ten

Jack narrowed his eyes and considered his exits. He could run forward, easily out run them, scale the walls, or surrender. Either way, he felt like he was going to get caught. He took a breath, before holding up his hands, "Okay,"

They pushed him back toward the Erudite building, and he was just glad Mercy wasn't here to see this. She disappeared pretty quickly. They walked into an empty elevator, and with a shaking stutter, the elevator went up. Jack felt a gentle press of a gun on his back, but Jack just stood still and waited for this anxiety-inducing trip to just end.

The doors opened and Jack glanced at the numbers. They were on the top floor, which meant he was here to see Jason. Please, just kill him. Jack wanted to roll his eyes and kick everyone around him, but he was forced to walk.

They walked down pristine white and blue walls, and Jack realized how out of place he was, dressed in pure black, while everyone was bright and calm. He repressed the urge to run because he was close.

Jack was shoved passed a door, and with a slam, Jack was left with the person he really didn't want to see right now. Jason turned around, her blonde hair lying in beautiful waves, his green eyes brighter than the grass outside. His smile wasn't as charming as Jack's, more like it gave away he was hiding something. Something dangerous, and no one new.

Jack gulped audibly, before taking a few careful steps forward. Jason watched with a raised eyebrow, "Welcome Mr. Morrison. Honestly, it's a pleasure." He stood, his smile didn't reach his eyes. It was forced and almost threatening.

"Hello..." Jack said quietly, stopping at the back of a chair. It was covered in blue, and his desk was a polished white. Papers and a computer sat on the desk, and the bookshelves were a nice combo of white and blue with dusted books. Everything looked so clean, so bright, and it was starting to hurt his head.

"I got a notice that you came by. You know, it's not smart to hang out with other factions." Jason walked around his desk, smoothing down his blue suit, fixing his white tie. Jack wanted to reach out and tear it apart.

"Sorry, I just needed to talk to Angela..." He shifted, ready to run for the door. Jason leaned against his desk, folding his arms. His blonde hair fell in front of his eyes, and with a careful flick, it went back in place.

"Yes, I heard you were talking to dear Mercy. She's honestly a great doctor, I'm excited to see where she gets." Jason said, looking at Jack like he was the most interesting thing in the room.

"Yeah? Mercy said you didn't like her much." Jack backed up, regretting even stepping forward. Jason saw his withdrawal.

He straightened quickly, "Don't worry! I don't, she's a bright student and has a great future. Now, enough of her. Please sit."

Jack didn't budge. Neither did Jason.

"Morrison, why are you here?" He asked.

"I wanted to talk to Mercy."

"About?" He tilted his head, his gaze almost like a bullet.

Jack winced, "J-Just...Things. Nothing about the factions, just personal stuff."

Jason didn't seem convinced, "What personal stuff." Jack wanted to punch this guy. His back pressed against the door.

"Stuff. I don't have to tell you."

"Jack, please don't leave," Jason said, sounding like he was soothing a scared animal. "I just want to talk. Then I can get you home."

"Okay, stop asking about my personal stuff." Jack spit out.

"Okay! We're done talking about that," he waved his hand in the air, "So, how's your training been going."

Finally, something he didn't want to rip his heart out about.