Chapter Fourteen

Jack woke up to his dad, and for a moment he thought he was in a simulation. He almost rolled over and told his dad to...well...something he would have gotten slapped for. Jack blinked blearily up at his dad, "Wake up kiddo, we get an adventure to go on." Jack grunted, rolling over and covering his face. Jack's entire body ached and his shoulder was hurting so bad he thought it was going to fall off at this rate.

"Aw c'mon, that use to get you and Angela up quicker than a bunch of ferrets."

"Dad, you are so weird." Jack mumbled. He heard the rough deep laugh of his dad, Jack's heart clenched. He forgot how terrible this felt, to see him again after a bunch of terrible things. To see his family after everything. Jack sat up, pushing his blonde hair out of his face. Jack's dad smiled at him, his perfect teeth shinnying and the scar along his forehead almost hidden from his hair.

"C'mon. Your friend isn't getting along well with the people out there." Jack sighed, standing up slowly and following his dad out of the area Ana set up from Jack.

He heard Reaper's angry voice before he even saw them. John Morrison sighed, "He's not very friendly is he?"

"He is if you're not a jerk to him," Jack said without thinking. His dad laughed, making Jack smirk.

Jack came out and saw Ana and Reaper barely inches from each other. Reinhardt looked agitated from all the angry words and most of the other survivors have backed away, not wanting to feel their wrath. Jack sighed, "Reaper."

Jack never really realized how much Reaper really listens to him. The moment Jack came in Reaper broke eye contact with Ana and walked straight toward him.

"Hey! We are not done-"

"Ana drop it." His dad said, and that seemed to end whatever dispute they were having. Reaper stood next to Jack and didn't say anything. But he could feel the pure anger radiating from Reaper. Jack patted his arm before walking toward the middle of the room with his dad.

"I and these two are going to see what we can do to stop this mess. Ana will be getting the rest of you to safety. We had a great alliance with Amity and Candor, so we'll have to see where this leads. Please stay safe everyone."

John motioned for Jack and Reaper to follow him. Jack gave Ana a small shrug before following him. John opened a door to a small room, the rifles Reaper and Jack had were laid on a table with another gun much bigger and a few boxes of ammo.

John picked up the bigger gun, it was blue and very big. Jack was about to ask what that was before John chucked it at Jack.

He yelped but caught it. "That's my pulse rifle. It's a very old model but they're not used anymore. They're very dangerous for humans, but all guns are I guess." John shrugged, taking the normal rifle and slinging it over his shoulder.

If it weren't for the training he got in Dauntless he wouldn't be able to lift this thing. Jack followed his dad out and into the streets. Reaper kept eyeing the new big gun Jack had, honestly Jack would love to trade him for something lighter. But than if Jack did get in a melee fight he could use this thing like a club.

They walked in the shadows of the trashed city, rubble hazardously thrown around, the wind making noises that had Jack on edge. Finally they came to some tracks, for a moment Jack didn't know if his dad could get on the train, but judging that he owned this kind of gun, he was going to be able to get on better than Jack would.

They stood in silence for a while, Reaper seemed to have cool off and now was thinking of a plan to get inside the Dauntless base. It was going to be easy with them all over in Abnegation.