Chapter Eight. Old Friends

Training, training and training was all Melody did for the upcoming months. And Alec was still playing his stupid little games with her, which annoyed Melody more and more everyday. Even worse was that alec was the one training her gift, since her gift is a mist and alike his in a way Aro thiught it would be usefull that Alec would train her, making Melody's annoyence grew even further. And Demetri and Felix where not making it easier either. They seemed to have caught on to Alec's game and helped him tease Melody even more by really pushing her buttons. But thankfully there was Jane. Jane kept the boys in line and helped Melody out where she could. Jane was cold, but she owned a small heart, especially since Melody made Alec smile alot more. A smile he hasn't been showing much ever since they where turned about 1200 years ago.

"Again Melody. This isn't acceptable yet." Alec said a small smirk on his face. Melody was exhausted. She had been improving her gift for the last 10 hours and it was taking it's toll on her. Her eyes where black from hunger, even though they had fed yesterday evening. Her hunger always seemed to return faster any time she used her gift. Melody glared at him and made her body into mist again. But her mist was shaking and just as soon as she had turned into her mist, she reappeared again. Falling onto her knees she panted slightly, which seemed unthinkable for a vampire but yet she was. "Again." Alec said, he was leaning against the wall, arms crossed infront of his chest. Melody growled and ignored him. "I said again." "I heard you." Melody muttered, feeling pissed at this man. "Then why aren't you turning into mist yet?" Alec asked. "Because I am bloody exhausted, perhaps." Melody replied. "You wanted to be in the Guard, you better train. Or your pretty head might be ripped off in a battle." Melody rolled her eyes. "I can just turn into mist and no one will kill me, we are training so I can protect more of the guard. Especially you and Jane, remember?" Melody said as she stood up. Alec was infront of her in a blink of an eye. "Then try harder. I know you can do it okay?" He asked, his burguny eyes looking into her black ones. Melody nodded her head and started to think. Alec looked at her, waiting for her next move. "Give me your hand." she abruptly said. Alec looked at her confused. Melody held out her hand for him to grab. "Come on. I'd like to try something." she said softly. Alec slowly placed his hand in hers and Melody ignored the fact that their hands fitted like puzzle pieces. Melody concentrated and imagined her body and Alec's turning into mist. Melody looked next to her and found Alec no longer next to her but a mist that had taken his place. Melody felt even more tired and their bodies turned back to their Original shape. Melody felt herself fall down to her knees again, but was caught by Alec, keeping her close to his chest. "Well done. We can work from that on." He said. Melody nodded her head and Alec held her until she could stand on her own again. Alec looked down at Melody, he knew he could let go of her but he didn't wanted too, and melody had no desire to leave his embrace yet. She slowly saw his face coming closer to hers, when the doors to the training room suddenly where thrown open, making Melody jump away from Alec's arms. "I am not interrupting something, now am I?" Demetri asked, a smirk on his face. Melody rolled her eyes. "No, we just finished training." she said as she went to grab her cloak. "Very well. We have a visitor and Aro wants everyone in the throneroom." Demetri announced. Melody nodded her head and made her way towards the throneroom, not sparing Alec another glance.

Melody took her usual spot next to Caius and Alec when a vampire was brought in. "James MacAwley. What a wonderfull surprise. Did you change your mind?" Aro said once James walked in. Melody recognized the man immediately. He had been a great friend to her between 1600 and 1700. A small smile came onto her face as she remembered their many adventures. "I am affraid not Aro. I only came to visit an old friend, and to see if the roumors where true. But I see they are." James said as he flashed Melody his signature smile. Melody rolled her eyes at James. Alec however growled lowly at James and bared his teeth, taking  a step closer to Melody. Jane layed her hand on Alec's arm, warning him to not draw too much attention. Alec no lower bared his teeth at James, however he did not take a step away from Melody. "Ah yes, you two have been friends for quite a while." Aro said. "Sailed the seven seas for a century." Melody said, a playfull smile on her face. James smiled back but Caius' expression came close to Alec's. "And what is your business with my daughter?" he asked, his eyes cold. James held up his hands. "I just want to catch up, I promise I will be on my way soon." Caius was about to protest but Melody looked at him with a small pleading face. Caius sighed giving in. "A day, no longer." Caius said, his cold eyes still on James. "Thank you." James said bowing to the three men. "You are all dismissed, dear ones." Aro said. Melody made her way towards James and dragged him out of the room towards hers, passing Alec and Jane in the hallway.