Chapter Seventeen. Broken

"Alec?" Melody said before rushing to his room. Once Melody had reached his door she could hear Alec's voice. His voice was still smooth and angel like but fear and defeat could be heard through it. "Where is she?! She still loves me!" Melody frowned but gathered all her courage and knocked on the door. Corin opened the door and frowned sadly at me. "What happened?" Melody asked. Corin sighed softly. "Stephan kidnapped him and pretty much broke him. He was told you never loved him every day." She explained. Melody frowned. "Can I see him?" Melody asked wanting to see Alec. Corin bit her lip but nodded her head and opened the door further so Melody could enter the room. She looked at Alec who was lating on his bed. His pale skin looked greyish like he was ill, his eyes where black and seemed empty. "Alec?" Melody whisperd. Her voice broke and she could feel the venom burning in her eyes. Even though he had left her she still felt love when she saw him, and pity for knowing he had been taking by the Romanians.  

Alec turned his head around and looked at her, his eyes growing wide. "Melody?" He asked as he reached out his hands to her. Melody slowly approached him not being sure what to do, but before she could takena step back, Alec had already pulled her close to his body, his arms like chains around her waist. Alec put his face in her neck and closed his eyes enjoying her scent and the feeling of her back in his arms. "I knew you still loved me." He whispered but Melody bit her lip as she felt her heart ache, thinking back about the note he had left on the day of his dissapearance. She slowly pulled away from his grip. "N-no!" Alec said as he tried to pull her back but Melody grabbed his wrists. "Why did you leave?" Melody asked looking down at their hands. Alec growled softly. "I didn't leave by my own free will. The Romanians caught me when I wasn't paying attention nor guarded." Alec said as he gently removed his wrists from her grip and grabbed her hands. "I never would leave you by my own free will. Never. I would rather die." He said as his thumbs caressed her hands. He suddenly frowned as he looked at her left hand. "You aren't wearing your ring?" He asked, pain coming through he voice. Melody didn't look at him and pulled her hands back. "I figured the wedding wasn't going to take place anymore after the note. I threw it somewhere in the jewellery box of Jane." Melody said. Alec sighed and grabbed her hand once more. "I understand. I am so sorry that I didn't pay better attention. But everything will get better now. We can get married now." Alec said as he kissed her hand, but Melody pulled it away once more. "I am not sure anymore. Everything seems against our wedding. I am sorry." Melody said as she got up and quickly left his room. "Melody! Melody!" Alec yelled after her but Felix rushed in and kept him down to prevent him from following Melody or hurting himself or others. Caleb was waiting for ger in her room and opened his arms for her as soon as she walked into her room. Melody hugged him and wished, for the very first time in her existence, that she could cry and let all her feelings and emotions out. Caleb hugged her closely to him and kissed her head feeling bad for his friend's hurt. He wished he could do something about it but he knew he couldn't. All he could do is be there for her. And so he would.

Caleb laid them both down onto her bed and Melody snuggled close to him, closing her eyes, wishing all her feelings could be taken away from her right now. She wanted to feel empty again like when Alec had left her. That emptiness was a hundred times better than this pain she was feeling in her heart right now. But worse than the pain was the confusion and the questions that kept repeating in her head.

But one thing was for sure. The Romanians had broken the Volturi's most lethal weapon and it would take ages before both Alec and Melody would fully be healed again. They where both broken and near beyond repair. Beyond anything their love could heal.