Chapter Eleven. First mission

Melody was humming to herself, brushing her long black hair while in thought. She remembered last night, the night Alec and her finally admitted their bond. Their small chat replayed in her head and the touch of his lips still lingered on hers. Melody couldn't help but to smile. Her immortal life finally had a real purpose of life. 

A soft knock broke her out of her thoughts. "Come in." she said, not bothering to look at the door. The door was gently opened and closed but the one entering did not speak. Instead, Melody felt soft lips press against the crook of her neck in a loving way and Melody knew it was Alec. Melody closed her eyes and leaned her head back slightly, giving him more access to her neck. Alec smiled against her neck and layed light kisses down her neck and onto her left shoulder. Melody smiled as her face was turned towards Alec's and their lips connected into a passionate kiss. Melody rested her hands against his hard chest as Alec wrapped his arms around her waist.
Alec pulled away too soon and Melody groaned lowly in annoyence. "I am sorry, my Love. But we are requested to be in the throneroom." Alec said as he kissed her forehead gently. Melody sighed but got up, clasping her cloak around her shoulders. "Let us go then." she said. Alec smiled and placed an arm around her waist, keeping her close.
Once they had reached the throne room, Alec dropped his arm but stayed close to Melody. They both bowed for their Masters and awaited patiently, standing next to Jane, Felix and Demetri, what it was they where called for. "My dear children. Sadly enough and immortal has created an immortal child. I want you five to go investigate and end any possible threat. You are dismissed." Aro said. "And Alec, don't even think about doing my daughter wrong." Caius said glaring at Alec. Alec bowed at his master. "I would never, Master Caius." Caius nodded his head, but the glare remained on his face. "Be carefull, my child." Caius said, his eyes on Melody. Melody smiled gently at him. "I will be father. I promise." Caius returned her smile with a small, rare one of his own before the five vampires exited the room.

Once outside, Demetri took the lead and ran as to where this coven was. The rest of the vampires followed him closely. Soon enough, the small coven was standing infront of the Volturi vampires. Melody immediately spotted the immortal child as it clung onto a female vampire. The female vampire glared intensly at the Volturi vampires. The five Volturi vampires took off their hoods and eacht examined the small coven. The coven existed off about 5 full grown vampires and the small immortal child. "It seems rules have been broken here." Jane started to speak, her voice cold as ice but her crimson eyes amused. "The boy is harmless. We keep him well under control." the female vampire said, craddling the infant closer to her chest. "Still. You know very well that making an immortal child is against the law and is punished by death." Jane continued. A younger male vampire growled and went to attack, but Jane stopped him by using her power and soon, the boy's head was ripped off and his body on fire. The remaining coven started to attack as the female with the infant fled. Melody noticed this and went after the female. Melody let her body slip into her mist form, giving the woman an misleading feeling of being safe.
The woman soon enough stopped by a small river and cooed the infant boy, kissing his forehead. Melody let her mist slip away, returning into her normal form and ripped the woman's head off. She grabbed the infant boy and held him on her hip while dragging the bodyparts of the woman along with her, back to her coven.
When Melody reached the clearing, a large fire was lready cracking. Melody threw the woman's body into the fire and then threw the infant into it. Alec rushed to her side, checking for any kind of wounds or cracks. "I am fine, darling." Melody said as she gently stroked her lovers cheek, soothing him. Alec immediately relaxed and kissed her gently, wrapping her tightly into his embrace. Melody gladly kissed back, feeling proud that her first mission had been a success.
"Come on you two, I'd like to go home and report to Master Aro." Jane said, interrupting their little moment. Alec chuckled. "Alright sister." He said as the five vampires made their way back home. And yes, even Melody had finally start calling Volterra her home.