Chapter thirteen

In genuine disbelief as to what had just happened in English, I continuously prodded my cheekbones  and audibly attempted to convince myself that it hadn't happened.

"She actually said that?" Selena growled, tensing her jaw. "She belongs in Radley, the psycho." She was extremely protective over me, as was Abigail. I loved my friends and I took solace in the fact that I could depends on them for anything and they could me. They were all I needed.

I giggled, although I still felt a pang of horror in my throat. "She did and does... but she's the one who made a fool out of herself. Not me". Kendall was scary- contrary to common misconception. In 2 minutes she could  set thousands of her minions on me - possibly ruining my life. I wasn't ready to die.

"That's true, I just wish I was there so I could ha-" she stopped and shook her head, as if she couldn't comprehend what happened. I couldn't comprehend what had happened... and I acted so ridiculously oblivious.

I smiled, coughing out a sentence. "It's not that bad, Sel... but thanks"

Granted, I was slightly embarrassed and yes, I was very frustrated at Kendall. However, it's expected of her. It's become normality. The day I didn't encounter an event like this with Kendall would be the day the Earth stood still.

Sharply, I felt a faint tap between my shoulder blades, making shivers bolt and vibrate, fluctuating throughout my spine. Rolling my eyes, I braced myself for a pissed off Kendall and turned around briskly.

"Oh... hi" I half smiled, awkwardly, quickly staring at my laced up shoes.

"It's rude to not look at me when i'm speaking, Blondie" Harry said, sarcastically -  crouching and twisting his head to look me in the eyes. I let out a small, breathy giggle before lifting my head.

"Sorry. I was just expecting you to be the female voldemort" I explained, tilting my head and taking a step backwards as he took one towards me.

He sighed "look, I didn't mean to cause all this stuff between you and her."

"You didn't" I pursed my lips "You could have been su-bo and she'd have done the same. It's no big deal"

Honestly, I was correct. She hated me so much. The idea of me having friends repulsed her. Yet the idea of me saying one word to her potential boy toy made her want to ruin my life so much more. She was obsessed with my life and how to make it worse but it was mostly the same for a lot of other people so many were immune to her horrible personality.

"She's just a bitch, Taylor." He huffed incredulously. "Don't you realise? Everyone knows"

I mentally screamed. He didn't know... when he sat her on his knee and invited her back to his dorm. He had no clue that she was a twisted, manipulative freak. It took until she acted upon her issues In English for him to realise. Unless the whole population of the school were in that classroom, surely no one realised.

"Yeah I know. It's fine. Whatever" I fake smiled with a louder than anticipated gulp.

"She's just jealous of you. Clearly" He said with nonchalance. My stomach raced to tie itself into the tightest knot anybody could ever imagine. I'd always been told how much better kendall was than me, by Kendall, by teachers, by exes. Nobody other than my two best friends had told me the opposite until now.

"Ok" I whispered, making him smirk. He could tell how weird I felt and I could tell he did this often, which made me feel awfully insecure. I rolled my eyes and turned on my heels in order to escape.

Harry placed his hand on my shoulder as I felt myself jolted backwards. "Wait... I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said. I was just frustrated. I've been here for 2 minutes. I thought it would be an easy ride"... a bit ignorant.

"It's fine" I nodded "I don't blame you. You do know, right? That coming into this school; you were never destined for an easy ride, curly"

Why did I say that?

He shrugged in acknowledgement "That's why I needed Kendall" He winked. "That's the only easy ride I'm getting nowadays"

True, Kendall would jump on anything with a pulse but he didn't have to say that out loud to me. All it did was make me feel excruciatingly awkward. I couldn't agree; agreeing meant being a bitch about another girl and letting Harry know that I actually could be like that. Not Kendall level, but if someone was horrible to me over and over, my opinion on them wasn't going to be rainbows and roses. Which is understandable, right?

"She has a few screws loose" I shrugged, allowing my bottom lip to protrude.

"A few?" Harry scoffed "I don't know how I put up with her for so long"

I watched as Liam quickly galumphed his way towards me and Harry, lifting himself into a jump with the help of Harry's shoulders before resting his elbow on my shoulder and leaning towards me. I barely knew him but I allowed it and accepted the fact that I was now Liam Payne's personal wall.

"I do" He beamed "She's an easy ride"