Chapter 14 (Edited)

A/N: READ 'MY DEAD SISTER'S MATE'. READ 'MY DEAD SISTER'S MATE' WITH THIS STORY. READ 'MY DEAD SISTER'S MATE' WITH THIS STORY. They say that if I say it three times, then it might sink into people's brains. xD So, there are the three times. But seriously, read 'My Dead Sister's Mate' with this story. If you don't, then you will be confused. (And it is so just happens that My Dead Sister's Mate' is right below this one. xD  

Peace

~Rissa

________________________________________________________________________________

"What do you mean she isn't back yet?" I heard my father yell in the phone. "Does that me-" He stopped when he caught sight of me standing in the entrance to the living room. "I'll call you back." He paused, his eyes swirling with grief and relief, as if something bad had happened, but it didn't happen to me. "Yes, she is here." Again, he paused as the person talked on the phone. Annoyance flickered on his face, but he didn't retaliate to whatever the person on the other side of the line suggested. "Yes, yes, I know. I will."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. My whole body was tense, and I couldn't help but feel as if what I had been feeling at the coffee shop was true. "What's going on?" I asked, looking at my father as he closed his phone. I could tell that Eth and Sam knew what had happened because there was relief in their eyes.

"Can I talk to you alone, Commander?" he asked, trying to put a mask over his feelings. He didn't want Lorcian and Richard to know whatever was happening that made him so pissed and hurt. HIs whole body was tense, and I could see that something was causing him to break.

"Yes, Your Majesty," I said, putting my hands behind my back and nodding my head. I followed him to wherever, ignoring Lorcian complaining when both Ethan and Sam started follow us to wherever my father went.

My father sighed when we made it to his room and sat down in one of the chairs in his "room". He sighed and moved a hand through his hair before he looked at the three of us. Pain and anger filled his eyes, and I could see tears were wanting to come out of his eyes. "Anastasia has been in an accident," he said, finally, his voice cracking. He cleared his throat "Blue called after she did not make it back to the packhouse after the meeting you two had." He glanced at me when he said that.

I took a step back in shock. My heart was pounding in my heart, and I could hear this ringing in my ears. Fear and adrenaline coursed through my body because I did not know how bad it was, and I did not know if I wanted to know or not. "H-how bad?" My voice cracked, and I hated it.

"It was pretty bad," he said, moving a hand through his hair. He sighed and shook his head, probably amazed at how strong his niece was. "She is alive but barely. Karen is working on her now."

"I-I- I need to see her," I said, taking another step back. I wanted to go see her. I wanted to make sure that she was alive, that she was keeping her promise of trying to fight no matter what happened to her.

Ethan and Sam blocked the door. I could see the panic in their eyes, but it looked like they had orders to stop me from leaving. "Sorry, Jo," Ethan said, causing Sam to nod in agreement. "But, you can't leave."

I snarled, my whole body shaking. "Let me go," I said, my voice deadly and dark. I needed to make sure that she was safe. I needed to make sure that my cousin, my rock, was still be alive.

"I command you not to go to Anastasia, Jo Anna," my father ordered me. He blinked when I glared at him. "You will be able to go to her after she wakes up. iIght now, she needs rest and needs to know that you are here and safe."

I tried to fight the command that he placed on me, but I wasn't able to. I huffed and bowed my head. "Yes, Your Majesty," I mumbled, submitting. I hated that he was ordering me, but a part of me did understand as to why he did not want me to go there.

My father sighed and pulled me into a hug. "I know," he whispered, his voice cracking. "But, we have to trust that Karen knows what to do. Blue told me that she hasn't died yet. She is unconscious, and her Wolf isn't helping her heal."

"It's because of the toxin in her body," I mumbled, hugging him closer. I closed my eyes and tried to stop the tears that wanted to fall. Guilt gnawed at my body because I knew that it was because of me, her Wolf was struggling. When I first rescued Anastaa, her Wolf had been feral, so we had to make sure that her Wolf was not able to harm anyone else.

"I know," he said. He lifted my face and looked me in the eyes. "It is not your fault. You and your crew helped her out as much as you could." He tucked a strand of red hair behind my ear. "You helped bring my niece back." He blinked back some tears. "I wish I could've helped her out, so she didn't have to go through all the shit she had to go through."

I took a deep breath and sighed, nodding my head. I understood what he was trying to say and hoped that she would stay alive.