Chapter 30 (Edited)

A/N: And here is the last chapter. Man has time flown by. There will be extras. Idk when they will be written.

__________________________________________________________

Two weeks have passed before Anastasia and I were allowed to leave with the rest of the new recruits, and to be honest, I was ready to leave and finish this last chapter of my life before trying something new.

The reason why Karen wanted us to wait for a while was to keep an eye on Anastasia before she goes back to the Witfall Pack. She, also, wanted to make sure that the new recruits were mentally and physically ready to begin training because she knew that it was going to be tough on them, especially Justin.

Justin had agreed to become the new Commander of the Associan group on the condition that his mate could be part of the Associan group.

My father agreed and lifted the seven-member limit. However, he had capped the member list at twenty, so no new members could be added because of the sixteen members that had been working for that Monster plus the three original members and Justin's mate.

I wasn't the only one leaving the group. Ethan, Sam, and Gingie were leaving as well.

Both Ethan and Sam were moving into the pack with me, while Gingie was moving to in with Richard.

A loud banging sound pulled me out of my thoughts, causing me to look at that way. Sam walked over to me, patting his hands against his jeans. "Well, we are ready, Your Highness," he said, smiling at my scowl. "We're ready to move out when you are."

I sighed and moved a hand through my still red hair. "Ok," I said. "Are you sure that you want to come with me and not stay here and try to find your mate?"

Sam shrugged. "You need someone to keep an eye on you," he said. He nodded his head when my mate walked over to us with my father, cousin, Ethan, and Blue following him. "For the next King, of course."

My father scowled at Sam, causing him to grin cheekily. "You make me sound old. Don't."

"To be frank, Uncle," Anastasia said, putting her bag in the van. "You are old."

My father scowled at my cousin, causing her to shrug. He sighed and shook his head, moving a hand through his black hair. "What am I going to do with you two?"

Anastasia shrugged. "Don't know," she replied. She leaned against the van, looking rather conflicted. She smelt of sex, but no one said anything.

We all knew that she had sex with her mate last night, but she wasn't marked... unlike me.

My hand reached out to touch the new mark laying on the base of my neck. I could feel it pulsing like I knew Lorcian's was.

'We are going to have to lock you up when you go into heat,' Ana said, linking me. She didn't look at me but looked at her uncle instead.

"She is right, though," Blue said, patting my father on the shoulder. "It is high time we retire."

"Technically, you have retired, Blue," I said, causing him to shrug.

"Not really," he said, his face darkening. "The Council is having a field day with everything, and we're having to have a discussion soon."

"And you'll be gone for a couple of weeks, right?" Ana said, looking rather conflicted.

Blue's gaze softened, and he nodded his head. He looked more like a father to Ana than the father she had before, and now more than anything, I wondered why they couldn't just let him be the father that she had deserved.

'It was their undoing in the end,' Ana said. 'Blue will always be counted as my father.'

I took a deep breath and let it out, nodding my head. "Is everything packed?" I asked, seeing that everyone that was coming was gathered near the vans.

"Yes, Commander," they chorused, nodding their heads.

I nodded my head and looked at the three men that I was going to leave behind again. I didn't spy Michael nor Carter around, and I could tell that somewhat had upset my cousin.

"We'll be in touch more," Dad said, pulling me into a hug. "You do need to start training to become Queen."

"What do you think I have been doing?" I asked, hugging him tight. I buried my face into his shirt and smelt my father's scent. "Being a commander has helped, Dad."

My father chuckled and kissed the side of my head. "It's different, Jo," he said, softly. He pulled away, and Ethan took his spot.

My heart ached because I was leaving a part of my heart behind. However, I knew that his mate was turning sixteen soon, and he wanted to be there for it. "Keep her safe. Ya?"

Ethan nodded his head and kissed the side of my forehead. "Promise," he said. He let go of me and stepped out of the way for my mate.

Lorcian looked nervous, and I could tell that he was hiding something. "I... got you something," he said, shifting his weight from the balls of his feet to the heel. "Anastasia helped me pick it out."

I raised an eyebrow but stayed silent.

Lorcian cleared his throat and took out a necklace that had half of a wolf head and half of a fox head linked together. "Here," he said, handing it to me.

My breath caught in my throat, and I made no move to grab it. It was beautiful, and I felt guilty that I hadn't gotten him anything.

"Do you want to put it around her neck?" Ana asked, breaking the awkward silence. She gave me a tight smile. 'I gave him one of your daggers. Said it was from you.'

'Bitch,' I said and turned away from him and lifting the hair away from my neck. 'Thank you.'

She hummed but didn't reply.

Lorcian placed the necklace around my neck and clasped. His fingers were on the base of my neck, and I could feel his heartbeat through his fingertips.

"Ummm..." I cleared my throat and turned to face him. "Thank you."

He nodded his head and kissed me on the lips. His kiss was gentle, and I could feel that he was welcome. "No," he whispered, softly as he pulled away. "Thank you."

I raised an eyebrow but stayed silent.

"For giving me my life back. I can now have a happy life and control my actions again. It wouldn't have happened if it weren't for you."

I cleared my throat and nodded my head, a blush forming on my face. I gestured for everyone to get in and backed up to the van. "I'll see you around?" I asked.

He nodded his head and gulped. He had a look of conflict in his eyes, and I knew that he didn't want me to go. He wanted me to stay, and I had this sudden urge to stay too. However, we both knew that I had a job to do. "See you around."

I nodded my head and cleared my throat. I stood tall and proud and looked at the remaining people that were out of the vans, watching me. "Alright," I said, clapping my hands together. "Let's move out."

They nodded and entered the vans that would take us to the school.

I might not be called Commander anymore, but I knew that it would be ok. Because, after the two years were up, I would be back to take a new role.

And then, they will call me Luna.