Chapter 8: Rising Tension

Tensions were rising in the small house.

It was only a matter of time before someone snapped.

~*~

Tord flicked through different channels, trying to ignore the burning gaze of the rabbit kid.

Every time he looked out of the corner of his eye, he saw Kash glaring at him. The little brat. Why couldn't he just leave already?

Tord sighed and settled for watching the pilot episode for 'The Children'.
He felt the couch cushions dip.

'Ughhh.'

He turned around toward Kash. "Do you mind?" Bitterness filled his tone.

Kash sneered. "Not really."

Tord bit back his rising anger and looked back at the TV. But, Kash wouldn't have it. He got up and stood in front of the screen.

"Move." Tord growled.

"Make me."

Tord inhaled. "You know what? No. I'm going to my room. Don't bother me." He flicked his tail and headed for the hall.

Kash thought furiously. He wanted to cause some sort of havoc.
And he couldn't do that if Tord kept ignoring him.

He swiftly chased behind the red imagineer and kicked right behind his knees.

Tord stumbled, but stayed upright. He felt his anger surfacing once again.

This time, he didn't choke it down. His wings sprouted from his back, tearing through the fabric of his hoodie. The horns he had only bore when he was invisible snapped free from beneath his skin.

It was horrific.

Kash suddenly had second thoughts on picking this fight. Even with his uncanny speed and agility, there was almost certain death waiting in the future.

"Oh wow," Kash squeaked. "I'm fucked."

Tord lunged forward, fortunately for Kash, he overestimated the distance.

Kash fled toward the front door, he would get there before Tord's rebound right? Wrong.

Tord caught the edge of the smaller boy's cloak, pulling him backward. Tord threw Kash to the ground, pinning the unfortunate assistant.

Kash knew he should stop provoking the beast, but he couldn't help it.

"Be gentle, onii-chan~"

Tord lost it from there.

His fist met Kash's face before the last syllable was out of the boy's mouth.

Kash let out a high pitched scream which summoned the rest of the house from their rooms.

Matt shrieked, seeing the now bloodied mess that was Kash's face. Edd rushed to comfort the ginger.

Tom stared at Tord, completely shocked. Tord had always been a bit violent at times, but this...

  Tord continued to bash Kash's face in. Poor Kash still hadn't retreated into the protection of unconsciousness. He was in so much pain.

Tom finally decided, enough was enough.

"Tord." Tom said in an even, but commanding voice. "Lay off him."

When Tord ignored him, Tom tried prying him off the bunny boy. Tord let out another growl when Tom touched his shoulder.

"Tord, stop. Now." Tom was acting as if Tord was some sort of animal. And Tord hated it.

He turned on Tom, raising his arm.

Only when the fist connected did Tord realize what he'd done.

//was that rushed? I'm sorry. I wanted to get this chapter out//