Real Life Has No Happy Endings

Epilogue

Tord stood before the entire Dreamscape.

"Tord." The Council spoke as one. Like a hive-mind.

"You have been brought to trial for violation of the one rule we really care about. You fell in love with your assigned child. And not only that, but you overstayed your welcome in the human realm. Are these accusations correct?"

Of course they're correct.

"You already know the answer." Tord mumbled miserably.

The Council made a noise of agreement. "Then it is decided."

"Tord Larsin, you are hereby founded Guilty. Punishment? Death." They said it casually. Without a hint of remorse.

Tord felt a low vibration in his stomach, an indicator that the death spell was taking its toll.

The red clad imagineer smiled bitterly as the spell traveled through his system. At least he wouldn't have to watch Tom live without him. He wouldn't have to see his one and only move throughout life and start a family.

And, surprisingly, he felt relief as darkness surged over his mind. He was finally done.

His purpose was fulfilled.

----The Human Realm (2 years later)----

Tom rumaged through a compartment in the attic. He, Matt, and Edd were moving to a new part of the city. It was only right that he went through his old stuff to see what could be put into the rumage sale.

He pulled out an old cuckoo clock and frowned. Did he ever even use this?
He threw it in the 'For Sale' box on his right side.

After about fifteen minutes of digging through his stuff, his hand brushed something soft. He caught a firm grasp on it and heaved it through the still very full storage compartment.

He tilted his head. It the object was a faded red hoodie. It had a few stains, but other than that, it was in pretty good condition.

Tom didn't remember ever buying it. He was about to put it in the 'For Sale' box, but hesitated at the last minute.

He felt strangely attached to the foreign object. He didn't know why, but the article of clothing sent waves of nostalgic sadness and longing through him.

Taking in a shuddering breath, he folded the hoodie and tucked it safely inside his own blue hoodie's pocket.

Just for safe keeping.

The End