Chapter 16: Monologuing

Tom glared at the hooded person in front of him. His face was hidden in shadow, but Tom could practically feel the amusement radiating from the man.

"It was a fine rescue attempt you pulled off, human. Although the credit more goes to Tiga. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you weren't motivated to save Tord until she showed up."

Tom growled, struggling in the bright colored bonds the hooded man had applied to him.

The man continued with his monologue. "Maybe you don't actually love Tord. Ooh, that would make things interesting. A little human stringing along a clueless imagineer. How would that make Tord feel? Betrayed, for sure. Maybe he'd throw himself into the abyss." The man chuckled. "That would make my job easier."

"Well, too bad for you, then. Because I do love him." Tom finally spoke up.

".....Liar. Now, before we go into a long tangent about whether or not you're lying, why don't you ask about your human friends? I'm sure you're worried about them."

'I... I guess?"

Tom sensed the man grin.
"Marvelous! They're getting their memories erased as we speak! You're next of course. We just need to wait for Tord to get in here. Kill two birds with one stone."

Tom raised an eyebrow. "Wait for him?"

"Yupperdoo! He thinks he escaped. Now he's coming to "rescue" you. Of course we're going to trap him when he gets in here. Which should be right about..."

The metal door slammed open, revealing none other than Tord.

"Tom! I found you-"

"Nice of you to finally join us, Tord."

Tord stared at the hooded man blankly for a moment.

"Well... shit."

//it hasn't died! Sorry for how short this chapter is. God, this story's ending keeps getting twisted onto different paths.
Welp-//