Chapter 3 - Getting To Know

You guys love the book so far, thanks so much! Here's another chapter for the night, but until then, you guys have to wait huehuehue xD
---------------------------

Brooklyn's POV

I wake up and walk into my closet.

"Should I be casual? Or preppy or..." I couldn't decide what to wear, so I went with my navy blue romper. I pulled my light brown hair into a high bun and applied some makeup.

I looked like the typical white girl.

I grabbed my keys and drove to the coffee shop.

I walk in and see Mitch, once again, my heart skips beats.

"Hey!" I say to him as I sit down.

"Hey! I hope you like bagels because I got you one." He passes me a bagel and a packet of cream cheese.

"Thanks, so tell me about yourself."

"Well, I'm Mitch or TheBajanCanadian. On YouTube."

"You're from Barbados and Canada?"

"I was born in Canada, Montreal to be percise. Then my family moved to Barbados until I was 9 years old and we moved to Pennsylvania, where I met Jerome, the guy who walked in yesterday. Then we moved to Montreal and been there ever since. I now live in Los Angeles with a bunch of friends."

"Ah. I see."

"What's your story?"

"Born and raised in New York City, decided to move to Los Angeles, I'm a waitress at that little diner down the street, to support myself and my boyfriend as well, but he doesn't even live with me."

"Is your boyfriend okay with you doing this? Meeting me?"

"He doesn't know. Our relationship is pretty much over."

"Oh, where's your family?"

"Back in New York. My father is just...simply an asshole. My mother died when I was 14. My sister and brother are both in college, they're twins. My dad thinks I'm a disgrace, since Cady goes to Yale and Devin goes to Harvard."

"That doesn't mean anything, I'm sure you'll do great things."

I smile. "Thanks, what about your family?"

"I have 2 sisters and a little brother. They are all up in Canada."

"That's cool. Never been to Canada."

"Really? Not even for like a 19th birthday since you can drink up there?"

"Nah, I left all my friends back in NYC. Besides my friend Ariel. She lives in LA as well. And I met my other friend Ethan, who lives in my apartment complex."

"Well, if you want to, I mean its cool if you dont want to, its really no big-"

"Mitch there's no need to be nervous. What is it?"

"I'm throwing a party at my place and wanted to know if you wanted to go, you can bring people if you want to."

"Yeah! I'll be there!"

"Its a date." he says smiling.

I smile back not knowing what to say as he writes his address down on a napkin.

"And just in case, my phone number is on there too." he says. I smile and we stand up and walk outside as he walked me to my car.

I pull out my keys and lean against my car. "I liked having coffee with you, It was great to get to know you better."