Chapter 4 - Meadow

Brooklyn's POV

I wake up rubbing my eyes. I look around the room and see Mitch still on his couch asleep.

I sit up stretching and grabbed my phone.

I dialed Ariel's number. It rung a few times and went to voicemail.

"Hey It's Ariel and I can't get to the phone. If your name is Brooklyn, you know where a set of my house keys are, so just find your keys at my house in the kitchen and steal your car back. Okay bye."

I sighed and walked over to the couch.

"Mitch wake up." I shook his shoulder lightly.

"Hmm?"

"Can you drive me to Ariel's place? She isn't home."

"Mmkay." he said sitting up. His hair was a mess and I laugh.

"Yeah, I know. My bed head sucks." he says smiling. His smile made me blush a little.

"Whatever, come on let's just go." I say pulling him off the couch.

He gets ready and we walk out to his car.

We have some small talk and we arrive at Ariel's apartment.

I walk to her door and lift up the door mat to find a key. I open the door and walk into the kitchen.

I find my keys in one of the drawers and I walk back outside to Mitch, who was leaning against his car.

"Found them."

"Cool, well I guess this is where we say goodbye. I had a great time with you, we should hang out more often."

"Of course, hey, maybe you'd want to stop by the diner tonight? My shift ends at 6."

"Yeah, I'll be there."

"Okay, well I guess I'll see you then." I open my arms to hug him. He wraps me in his arms, and the hug lingers for a few seconds.

We finally let go and I walk back into my car. I pull out my phone and called Ariel and left a message.

"Hey its Brooke, I stole my car, thanks bitch, for stealing it. Love you, I'll see you later bye." I hang up and drive to the diner.

I put my uniform on and saw Ethan walk in. He works here too.

"So what happened with Mitch?" he asked while putting an order on the counter to give to the chefs

I explained what happened and Ethan was freaking out.

"You kissed him? And slept in his bed?!"

"It was just a game Ethan. And he wasn't even in the bed with me, so nothing happened."

"When is he seeing you again?"

"You'll see him tonight. He is meeting me here after my shift ends."

"Actually, I'm gonna need you to work a few extra hours tonight." Chelsea, my bitch of a boss, says to me.

"Actually I can't, I'll do it tomor-

"Tonight. Or your fired."

"Are you serious..." I say running my fingers though my hair.

"Hold on, Chelsea I'll take the hours." Ethan spoke up.

"I..." she frowns "Fine!" She walks away pissed beyond belief.

"Thank you so much Ethan."

"You owe me."