Chapter 16 - Messed Up

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR ME! YAY! By 10:30am, I'll be a Junior c:

----------------

Brooklyn's POV

"Hey..." I said as I saw my brother and sister standing before my eyes.

My brother looked like he believed it. My sister on the other hand wasn't quite sure. I could see her cockiness pour out of her eyes.

"Hey! Thanks for inviting us to your house." Cady said.

Yeah, she isn't buying it. I mean I do live here, but that was up until like 5 hours ago.

"Do you guys want to come in? You can meet my roommates and other people."

"Okay!" My brother exclaimed. Even though he got into a bigger university, he was a party animal. I could bet millions that he parties every night on campus.

They both walked in admiring the house. My sister still had her guard up. She is the definition of "two faced." She's completely different on the phone, but when you see her in person, she will try to make your life a living hell.

Which is probably why I was the one who resulted into what my dad wanted me to be.

I had to keep a close eye on her, she could make things go from good to bad at any second.

"So, where is your room?" She asks twirlling a strand of hair in her index finger.

"Upstairs. I'll show you." By this time, my brother had left us to go meet people and party, so I left him downstairs and led my sister up the staircase.

I opened the door to my room. "Here it is...happy now?"

She smiled at me and walked back to the main floor.

There were a lot of people at the party, and a lot of alcohol. I chose not to drink tonight just because I didn't feel like it.

"Hey Brooke." Allison said walking beside me.

"Hey, aren't you drinking tonight?"

"Nah, I'm good. All of the boys are though."

I sighed. "How bad are they?"

"They are...really messed up."

"Damn...have you seen Ethan or Ariel around? I haven't seen them all night."

"Yeah, I saw them. They are somewhere around here."

"Okay...I need to find them."

"Well first off, calm down."

"I can't. My sister is such a stuck up bitch and I don't know if she is buying any of this and she will do anything to mess this up."

"I know, remember your sister back in sophomore year of high school? She stole pretty much every girls' boyfriends. Mine included."

I was the oldest in my family, Cady and Devin being 10 months younger than me, and was in the same grade as me.

"Yeah, that isn't the point. I think she is going to make someone crack under pressure."

"They will be fine, they are too drunk to even comprehend anything at the moment."

I sighed and nodded. "I'm going to find Ariel and Ethan, keep an eye out okay?"

"Okay."

I walked around the house (which took about 15 minutes due to how huge the house is) and founded Ethan and Ariel by the pool.

"Guys I'm freaking out."

I could hear Ariel crying, and Ethan turned to me and smiled. "Hey Brooke."

"What's wrong with Ariel?" I looked at her to see a drink in her hand and her face was red and puffy.

"Eric broke up with her."

Eric was Ariel's boyfriend of 5 years, so they were dating all throughout high school. We found it cute that they were like The Little Mermaid since the prince was named Eric and Ariel was the mermaid. They had only broken up once before, and it destroyed Ariel. This time it must have been for something a lot worse.

"Why?!"

"He just doesn't l-love me an-anymore" She stuttered and began to cry even more.

I hugged her. "It's okay Ariel. Everything will be okay."

"I-I..." She trailed off. I looked at Ethan and sighed. I let go of Ariel and walked back into the house.

I was done with tonight, everything was so stressful for me.

I just sat down on the couch and grabbed a bottle of wine that somehow was unopened.

I just kept it in my hands, I don't know why but I just did.

I looked up to see Devin making out with Ariel. "Gross." I thought. They were both drunk and I just looked away. Then I saw Cady kissing Mitch.

I felt my heart drop. We weren't back together so I couldn't be angry about it, but we were still in love with each other.

That was when I opened the bottle and began to drink it.

I couldn't remember anything else, except seeing people leave.

I probably looked like a hot mess. My hair was probably a stringy mess and my makeup was probably smeared all over my face. I continued to drink, to wash away the memories.

"Brooke...maybe you should stop..." Allison said.

"NO." I said loudly. "Stop...with your...shh." I began to swear, but it didn't come out right. I threw my hand up and pointed to her. "Don't be a...b-bish, you don't know...what your are...talking about."

She rolled her eyes and walked away. I found myself just pissed off at the world. I looked over to find Jason drinking heavily. We had stared at each other for a minute until the next thing I knew, I was in Jason's room with my back pressed against his bed.

And let's just say, he kept me up all night.

-----------------

Ooh baby. Shiz went down yo.

I was inspired to make this chapter by the last episode of season 1 of Faking It.

Ohmygod I love that show c:

xD

Anyways, Thanks for Reading!

Much Love<3

-Emily