Chapter 18 - Complicated

So I'm actually camping right now, so there is no connection out here, So I'm at Starbucks, lol

SOTC- The Ballad of Mona Lisa by Panic! At The Disco

---------------

Brooklyn's POV

We drove back to the Team Crafted house after spending some time in the meadow.

I was legitimately happy, finally for once in my life.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Ariel's phone.

"Hello?" I heard Ariel say, her voice sounded strained and raunchy.

"Hey bae. How's it going?"

"Not very good Brooke."

"Well, how about we go for coffee?"

"Sure I guess...I'll meet you there."

I leave the house again and drove myself to the coffee shop, where I saw Ariel with a cup of coffee in her hands, sitting down at a table.

I ordered my coffee and walked over to the table.

"Hey...how are you?" I said sitting down.

"I feel like...shattered. Like I feel like I can't do anything."

"I know how much you and Eric love each other, so why did you two break up?"

"He...said he met another girl. He fell out of love with me and fell for her. It's insane to think about really, we've been together since high school, and all of the sudden he loves someone else. It doesn't make any damn sense."

"It doesn't." I say as my name is called to get my coffee. I thank the man behind the counter and walk back to the table.

"Well, what did you and Devin do after the party?"

"We just made out for that quick moment. I'm so sorry about that, I was drunk and stupid."

"No, it's okay. I...screwed up."

Ariel grew a questionable look on her face. "What did you do Brooke?"

I sighed. "Cannot believe I'm saying this, but I slept with Jason."

"No way."

"Yeah...we were both drunk and you know what happens when alcohol gets into my body."

"Yep, your sex hormones shift into full throtle."

"Oh my God Ariel..." I said facepalming and she laughs.

"What?! It's true!" She laughs even more. I was glad to actually see her being happy.

"Okay okay, maybe it is true, not the point though. Point is that I was afraid for Mitch's reaction."

"Oh no, what happened?"

I chuckled. "We became a couple again."

"What the hell? How does that work!?"

"He kissed Cady."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, so we just ignored it. It was just blown off like no big deal. Honestly, it was me being stupid and I won't let that happen again."

"Yeah, that's good. I'm glad everything worked out for you."

"Let's change the subject shall we?"

"Yeah, let me ask you something. What if all the boys had to leave for a few months?"

"Uh, why?"

"I talked to Adam last night, before he was drunk. He was talking about some Gunnars thing and some other companies wanting to do stuff with the team."

"Mitch didn't tell me any of this."

"Shocker. I heard that they would be leaving for some conventions and things in a week."

"That is so short notice. How long would they be gone?"

"I believe Adam told me a few weeks, possibly a month."

"Damn...I'll talk to Mitch about it. How about you come over to the house? I think some company from these weirdos that I live with could brighten your mood."

She chuckles. "Okay, let's go then."

We go to our cars and drive to the house. I walk in and see all the guys in the living room, talking about some things.

"Mitch, can I talk to you?"

"Yeah." he says and I pull him into the kitchen.

"I'm hearing that you'll be gone for a few weeks?"

"Uh, yeah. I totally forgot to tell you that I'm leaving for a few weeks...maybe a month."

I sighed. "I just wish I heard the news from you..."

He pulls me into his arms. "It will be okay Brooke. It's only a few weeks and once I get back, I'll spend even more time with you, okay?"

I smiled. "I think I can manage a few weeks."

"That's good, how was Ariel? I mean, she looks fine now."

I let go of Mitch's torso and leaned against the counter. "Yeah now. She was about to break apart, I think while you guys are gone, I'll make her spend the whole time over here.

"So pretty much a slumber party?"

"Yep, and it's gonna happen, so you can't say no!" I said pointing at his face.

"No." He whispered in my ear.

"Smart ass." I smiled and walked back into the living room.

"Hey Brooklyn, I need to talk to you for a second." Jason said.

My heart stopped and my stomach twisted. "Y-Yeah, come on." I stuttered and walked back into the kitchen.

"What do you nee-" I began to say when Jason's lips were pressed on mine.

I shoved him away. "What the hell Jason!?"

"I-I'm sorry..."

I sighed. "Is that all you wanted to 'talk' about? Cause if it is, then I'm going to punch you in the face."

"No, no I actually wanted to say something to you."

"Geez, you could have said it and not have kissed me! Just tell me and go away."

"The note I left you this morning about last night, it was a lie. It wasn't a mistake."

"Um, yes Jason, it was a mistake. What are you talking about?"

"It's complicated."

"How can anything be complicated?"

"Because, I think I'm starting to fall for you Brooklyn."

-----------------

Cliffhanger ;3

hehe xD

Thanks for Reading!

Much Love