Chapter 14 - Friends?

SOTC- Ghost by Darling Parade

----------------

Brooklyn's POV

I went upstairs to change into my clothes and went back downstairs.

"So what's the deal with you two?" I heard Adam ask Mitch.

I stopped and leaned against the wall, listening to their conversation.

"We are friends...for now I guess."

"Just friends? Really? With benefits?"

"I know it looks like it, but no. We aren't."

"Oh really?"

"I mean, I wouldn't mind it I guess. But I actually love her Adam. I'm not going to lose her again."

I felt so out of place. Like I lost all the relationships and trust in all the boys.

I mean, it has been two years since I left this place.

And absense doesn't make the heart grow fonder. I learned that the hard way.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket indicating I had a phone call.

I looked at the caller ID.

"Dammit." I whispered yelled and walked away from the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Hey!"

"Hey Cady...what's up?"

"Nothing much sis, going to graduate soon from Yale and-"

"Can we not talk about that? It's not that I don't care, I just...yeah I don't care."

I hated my brother and sister so much. I was always compared to them and I just hated them.

"Oh...okay...how's Liam then?"

"In jail."

"Oh my goodness why?!"

"He's just a creep. Why did you call?"

"Well, I was wondering if you could fly to Conneticut to spend some time with me? Devin is flying in from Massachusetts to see me and we miss our little west coast sister of ours!"

"I honestly can't. I don't have the money to fly out there and do things."

"Not to mention that I hate your guts." I thought.

"Oh, then we could fly out to California if you want."

"Uh...sure?"

"Okay great! See you Friday!"

"Wait Friday?!" I said but she hung up.

"Well then..." I said. Today was Tuesday so I guess it wasn't very short notice

I walked into the kitchen where Adam and Mitch were still talking.

"So, I got an issue."

"Is it another crazy ex-boyfriend?" Adam jokes.

"Ha, very funny. No, it's my twin brother and sister. They are flying out here to see me on Friday and I hate them."

"Why?" Adam asks.

"Many reasons, I'm compared to them, they both go to fancy universities, and I just hate them."

"Well we can't wait to meet them." Mitch said smiling.

"Who said "we?" Adam and I said at the same time.

"Jinx." I said giggling.

"Dammit..." Adam says and walks outside.

"Anyways, no. That is the last thing I want to happen."

"Well, you said that you are compared to your siblings. Do they own a gigantic house?"

"No..? I believe they have apartments. Very small ones. What does that have to do with anything?"

"Tell your sister to pack something fancy. We are throwing a huge party."

"Da fuq Mitch?"

He laughs at me. "Well, we have a spare room. We stage it to make it look like your room. They would be speechless about the house. They would think you're doing so much better than them, even without college. No comparison."

"Do you think that would work?"

"I think it's full proof."

"Alright. It's a plan."

We walked outside and explained the plan to the rest of the guys.

"This requires work though." Jerome says.

"If this works, I will buy you all ice cream from that really fancy ice cream shop in LA."

They all nod and I roll my eyes.

"Okay, so we need to invite everyone out here. The more people we have, the more this will seem real. Invite every Youtuber out there, we need this to be legit." Mitch says.

I pull out my phone as we make a list as to who to invite. I text my brother and sister that there will be a party and they should have formal wear.

"Alright, now that's settled. We need to make the spare room look like Brooke's room. We need this to be very convincing...and I also wanna party." Jerome says.

"Are you guys serious about this? I mean this is a lot of work just for this night."

"It's not just about the party and showing just your siblings that you are doing well without college, we want to prove it to everyone. Do you know how many subs your at?"

"I haven't uploaded recently."

"You hit 400,000 subscribers a few days ago"

"No way."

"Yeah, that can be your full time employment."

"I can quit the diner again!?"

"Most likely."

I smile and laugh. We continue to plan out the party and get things set up.

I walk back inside to grab another drink and Mitch follows.

"So, since we have to get your stuff, do you just want to move in? Moving in would mean you're a part of Team Crafted."

"I would love to, but I want to make sure that it is okay with the other guys. I don't want this to become something its not."

"I'm sure they would love it for you to move in."

"Well ask them and let me know."

"I will, but let's go back out there and plan this out."

"Hey, I want to thank you, for all of this. This is just...indescribable for what you're doing."

"No problem, we just want to throw an awesome party, and I want you happy, and we should all be happy that we prove it to them that Youtube can turn into...this."

I smile and we walk back outside.

"So everything is taken care of, every Youtuber we know is most likely going to be here."

"Awesome. I guess all that is left is to bring my stuff and get set up."

"This is gonna be one sick party." Jerome says smiling.

"Yeah..." I said. "I hope so."

------------------

Thanks for Reading!

Much Love<3

-Emily