Chapter 22 - Sandcastles

Song- Tonight You're Perfect by New Politics

-------------------

Brooklyn's POV

The light shined through the windows the next morning, I sat up, rubbing my eyes to gain vision.

I realized I wasn't wearing any clothing underneath the comforter, so I gathered up some of the blanket to cover myself.

I lean over Mitch's body, and I kiss his cheek.

He smiles in his sleep and it was another cute thing he does.

"Good morning cutie." I say in his ear.

His face scrunches up, and yawns. His eyes open and he smiles.

"Good morning love." He pulls me close to him and pecks my lips.

"Your hair is such a mess." I say playing with it.

He smiles. "Well, considering of what we did last night, I would think it would be a bit messy."

I wrap my arms across his body, and he pulls me closer towards him.

"Can I tell you something?" I ask.

"Of course."

"I can remember a glimpse of Jason and I...and I must say, you were much better."

He chuckles. "I guess I'll take that as a compliment."

I giggle and smile. "Can we just stay like this? I don't want to get dressed, or move anywhere."

"Maybe for just a few hours, I've got something planned for us."

"What is it?"

"A surprise, you gotta wait and see."

I groan. "I hate surprises."

"You'll love this one, I promise that."

"Sure I will." I chuckle and move off of the bed, grabbing a hold of the covers and covering myself, leaving Mitch exposed. I walk over to my clothes and grab an outfit.

"Hey! You aren't the only one who is completely naked!"

I blush at him and smile. "Yeah but I have more stuff to cover, window is open by the way." I said walking in the bathroom.

I drop the covers, and start the shower. I then heard a knock on the door.

"What Mitch?"

"Can I join?"

"The point of a shower is to clean all of the dirty stuff off of your body, not recieve more."

"Aw, come on." He begs.

I giggle and unlock the door. "Come on."

He walks in and we both step into the tiny space of the shower.

"Um..." I say awkwardly. It's not like it was anything "new," we were just in the shower together.

"You're so awkward Brooke that it's actually adorable."

I lightly punch him in the gut as he laughs and I begin to giggle due to even more awkwardness.

(After they shower and shiz, and no they don't have sex, calm yo selves xD)

Brooklyn's POV

Once we had showered, we spent the day just sitting in the sun, soaking the rays and just enjoying eachother's company.

"It's time for the surprise Brooke."

"I hate surprises dood."

"And I said you'll like this one, go get dressed."

I got dressed in a summer dress, nothing fancy, but just in case it was something really nice, I'd at least look half decent. It also had a bit of a fun side, in case it wasn't formal at all.

"Perfect." I admire the dress in the mirror (Photo attached either on side or on top if your on mobile :3)

"Ready." I say and he smiles.

"You look nice." He says as I look him up and down, looking a bit formal as well.

I shrug it off and hop into the rental car, and Mitch drives to a place near the ocean, and I see a single table, with two chairs on the beach.

"Aw, Mitch!" I squeled and kiss his cheek as he laughs.

"I knew you'd like it."

"This is really nice babe, so sweet." I smile.

"Well, let's eat!"

"Foooooood." I thought and walked over to the table.

Mitch did the typical gentlemen thing and pushed my chair in, and we ate dinner.

The night was perfect, the orange sunset made everything so romantic, and being there with Mitch made everything seem like it would be okay, for the both of us.

"Want to go walk down the shore?" He asks and I nod.

I take off my shoes, and dip my feet in the water, as we walk hand in hand down the shore line.

"The sky is pretty tonight." I say resting my head on Mitch's shoulder.

"Yeah I know." He says spinning me around so that we were facing eachother, both of our hands in one another.

He looks at me nervously and I look at him worryingly.

"What is it Mitch? Something wrong?"

He sighs and looks into my eyes. "Brooke...I love you."

"I love you too?" I laugh as he lets go of my hands and I look off into the water.

I turn back to him to see him down in the sand.

"Are we building a sandcastle?" I ask.

"Yes, don't judge me." He says and I laugh, he's such a weirdo.

We build a castle and we were pretty satisfied about it.

"Can I be Godzilla and stomp it?" I ask excitedly.

He laughs. "Go ahead."

I stomp it like I was Godzilla until the castle was completely dimolished, we both stand up and begin to walk until Mitch stops in his tracks.

"Hey...what's this in the sand?" he asks as he gets down on one knee to pick it up.

"It's probably a rock." I say until I finally get visual of what it was.

A ring.

I threw my hands over my mouth in shock.

We both laugh. "Brooklyn, I love you so much. I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life without you, and these past few years were a complete roller coaster of highs and lows, but I don't regret any of it, because if it was different, we wouldn't be here. So, with this long speech going on, I want to ask you a question, will you marry me?"

I didn't say anything, I just hugged him and he laughs. "Is that a yes?"

"Yes! Yes, of course I will marry you!" I say letting go of him as he slips the ring on my ring finger.

I wrap my arms around his neck, and press my lips onto his.

"Hey Mitch?" I ask once he let go of me.

"Yes?"

"I guess it was a rock." I say admiring the ring.

He laughs. "You're such a goof."

"I'm your goof."

"Yes, forever."

-------------------

God damn, I had my emotions wrecked while writing this.

MY FEELS D:

Sorry about updating this late, it's 12:46 AM right now for me :3

Anyways, Thanks for Reading!

Much Love<3

-Emily