Glowing

It has been three months since I first meet Weston and he has changed my life for the better. For the first time in years I feel like I might be able to pull through a few more years till I go to college. I still walk the halls with my head down and I try to avoid Derick, but other than that I have Weston so even if he is all I have he is also all I need.

I walk into school and to my locker. I reach in to grab my book when I feel the metal of the locker slam against my fingers. I scream in pain as I fall to the floor. "You're such a lying little slut!" Derick yells above me. "You've been riding to school with that new kid everyday haven't you?" he yells I nod my head not daring to look up at him.

"Well let's see if he still wants to help you when he realizes what you've got him into." Derick laughs into my ear quietly so only I can hear his threat.

I stand up ignoring the strong pain in my hand. "You will not lay a finger on him." I say confidently looking straight into his eyes.

"Do you know who you're talking to?" he asks raising a hand to smack me, but as he brought his hand down I caught it sending spikes of pain up my arm. With all my strength I held my place, and then I reached up with my free hand and slammed my now bloody fist into his nose. With him distracted I ran outside as fast as I could.

I soon realized that Weston had followed me, "get in." he said as he pulled up next to me.

I walked around to the passenger side and climbed in. We drove for what seemed like an hour or so, till we finally arrived at a lake. When we got to the lake Weston grabbed a first-aid kit out of his trunk then walked me down to the bench near the side of the lake. "Take this." He said handing me a small blue pill. He dropped it into my hand and I took it without question.

After a few minutes all the pain was gone. "What was that?' I ask not knowing of any pills that works that quickly.

"It was just a really strong pain killer." He explained. "But I wanted to ask you something." He says looking down nervously.

"Sure, you know you can ask me anything." I say to help reassure him.

"If there was a way to change your life and make you a hundred times better in every aspect of your life would you take the chance of having to leave your home?" he asks making me look at him like he's insane.

"What kind of question is that?" I ask. "I would give anything to be able to do half the things everyone else does." I answer.

"Ok, then I have something to tell you." He says grabbing my hand. "But I think I might just show you."

I was about to ask him what he was talking about when his eyes started to turn into the amazing green color that makes his eyes look like their glowing. Weston closes his eyes and opens his mouth as his teeth grew sharper and nails grew longer.

My heart started to pound harder and faster. Then he opened his eyes and quickly leaned in and bit my shoulder. The last thing I remember was his eyes before I blacked out. His bright green glowing eyes.