Not This Time

I could hear all the guys talking in the room but I could only make out a few of the words.

"That why I wanted to talk to you." I hear Weston say.

"Elle est un vrai loup" I hear the professor say.

"Only once?" I hear someone ask.

"Are you going to put her in class with the alphas?" Weston asks.

I decide not to sit and listen anymore, so instead I knock on the door. When they finally open the door they all stare at me. "I'm sorry to interrupt you but will someone show me to my room so I can start sitting up all my stuff?" I ask trying not to sound as irritated as I really was.

Weston pulls a piece of paper out of his back pocket and hands it to me. "Are you ok with finding someone to show you where it is?" he asks worried.

I smile at his concern. "I'm a big girl, I can be social." I lie.

He reaches out and hands me the paper. We quickly say our goodbyes for now since we both know their little meeting is going to take a while.

As I wonder the halls trying to figure out how the halls are labeled I hear more people talking about me. I turn my head to hear the group of boys that are about twenty yards ahead of me. "I heard she is only here because Weston mated her." One boy says. Then the other starts to look down the hall at me. "Do you think she's listening?" one boy asks seeing that I have my head tilted slightly. "Let's find out another boy whispers so I have to tune my hearing to him just to hear it.

I'm getting pretty good at this hearing thing I think to myself. Before my thoughts are clouded by a loud whistle that rings through my head making me fall to the floor plugging my ears. I look up to see the group of boys looking at me. Instead of making eye contact with them I look behind me at the group of girls who I had past while walking down the hall.

Once I notice the boys stop looking at me I stand up and tune my hearing back in. "I guess she wasn't listening to us after all." The guy who just shattered my ear dumbs says. As I get closer to the group I turn my hearing back to normal.

I slowly turn to the boys and show them the room number that was quickly written in the margins of the map I was holding. "Do any of you know how to get here?" I ask in the sweetest voice I can muster.

"Ya, just keep going up this hall and take your third right to the elevator." He explains then looks up to make sure I'm still following. "Then go to the second floor from there you should be able to just keep going straight till you hit that room number." I look up from the map again and smile.

"Thank you so much." I say as I turn to walk away, but turn back "oh, and me and Weston aren't mated." I look at the reactions of the boys as they realize I was listening to them. I quickly wink then continue on my way down the hall hearing one of the boys from the group whisper "dibs" as I turn down the hall. All I can say is this is the start of something new, and I'm not going to let anyone push me around this time.