Chapter 17: the moment the scars of your heart is open(2)

[ I am very sorry that this happened again I hope you all forgive me and still enjoy reading this.]

***Juvia's P.O.V.***

Gray and I kept on walking until we stop, he let go of my hand and my palm were sweating from how he held it.

"I want you to look at it "

"Huh? Pardon ?" I looked at him confused and anxious at what he was talking about.

I tilt my head a little bit on the right side and saw a view I haven't seen before it was beyond beautiful how do I explain it? You know when your parents give you your favorite toy during Christmas and you feel happy not just on the outside but on the inside my stomach was filled with it and my heart can't stop beating, the sound of the air brushing through your hair and as the sea breeze was so refreshing I could cry, I remember how I would say that I love the beach but I only see it on magazine's since I can't afford to go to any places.

"I take it back on what I said about I shouldn't be here..."

I smiled and I know that Gray was bewildered for a moment when I said it and ask "what do you mean by that ? "

I looked at him, smiling and I was filled with happiness all of my anguished and anxiousness disappeared. How do I say this I feel calm and contented whenever I'm around or I see the sea.

"Thank you for bringing me here..." I said

"No problem, I want you to look at the stars...do you see it?"

Gray pointed at something which I know was a constellation. And I followed his fingers where it was pointing at, finally I saw it.

"Are you pointing at Orion, the hunter ?  " I asked.

"Yes, it's beautiful. According to Greek myths Orion was favored by Artemis saying that-"

"-He was a hero to her and asked Zeus to put him in the sky after his last heroic battle with a scorpion am I right?" I continued and Gray was startled at what I just said like how did you know ? I snickered a little bit and confessed that I also read Greek mythology when I was a teenager.

"Well I knew that he was killed by Apollo's arrow." Gray continued but he already knew the rest. "Huh I guess we have  something in common taste when it comes to this."  Gray walk closer to me and starts to unfold his scarf and tries to wrap it to my neck.

"Sir?" I was dumbfounded that I began to blink twice as to my face that started to form a reddish hue. As Gray finished rolling the scarf on me he cupped my cheeks.

"Sorry the air is cold outside and this is how I could show my gratitude for my client."

I nodded and smiled a little bit when he said the word client and my chest begun to feel pain. As time goes by Gray and I sat in the sand watching the twinkle stars from above it was totally relaxing the sound of the waves from ashore making me want to swim. I notice that Gray have been quite lately and I started to get suspicious then Gray's eyes met mine.

"What are you looking at? Do I have something stuck in my nose?"  He said sarcastically smiling at me and my eyes widen when he said that and I wanted to slap him when he said that to me but that didn't occured to me as I saw his serious face I decided to silence myself. "No-nothing sorry if it's a bothersome Gray-sama."

Gray smirk and I could hear him chuckle. "I already told you many times that don't call my name with honorifics, it's not cool " he said with a deep sigh and I felt so embarrassed I couldn't face him.  " sorry it's a bad habit of Juvia." I pinched my arm and try to hide my face as I can.

"Ah I wish my mom was here..." Gray suddenly said and a made a face I should've never seen it was a feature of a sad boy who was lost with his own thoughts.

"Huh? Then where is your mom, sir?" I began asking him and hoping if he would answer me, I was curious since he was a wealthy man with a complete family or so that's what I know of my boss.

He didn't look at me but in the night skies and he pulled his arms and point his index fingers at first I  was perplexed at what he was doing but then it occurred to me that his mother was in heaven I didn't think it would be like this so I ashamed of asking any furthermore info.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't know ..."

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize I didn't even try telling this to any of my friends or my other clients in the office." I heard a chuckle a soft one and that made me feel relieved that I didn't do anything that would be embarrassing to him. He told me how his mother left the world when he was six years old in a car accident and he blame himself for it. At first I find it uncanny that he's telling me all of this, I didn't ask for details but I let him finish to get that guilt out of his chest and breath again.

"Why is Gray telling Juvia all of this?" I asked dumbfounded, why me? A stranger who isn't even a relative of him is hearing all of this. I didn't stare at his eyes nor did I want to. Then I flinched once Gray's hand went into my head as he stroke my hair.

"I guess your special to me, someone I that is precious to me, a friend not just a client."

Did I just hear him right? Special? Precious ? Where are all this words coming from? Is he playing with my heart ? No no...he seems serious that's impossible.

"But Juvia is still a client, Gray-sa..." I wasn't able to finish my sentence when I heard a large whistle from the sky zap and sparkle like a fountain. "Fireworks" we both said in unison and we both stared at each others eye length and I started to blush so was he. Gray helped me stood up and I brush all the sands left on my skirt then we began watching the fireworks display it was so beautiful the night sky was filled with lights now. Then I remember Gray blaming himself about the accident that occurred in his past.

"It's not Gray's fault, Juvia knows that...don't blame yourself Gray-sama...uh..."

I close my mouth when I said the second to the last part and really I am dead!

"What do you mean by that? Oh I get it...you don't have to worry I know how I blame myself for it and I know that I shouldn't because it already happen and it's all in the past but the scar that I felt that day was like a sword stuck in my chest and I have no idea how to pull it out." Gray's expression darkened and he held his chest grasping it then he bit his lips. I walk closer to him and put my hands on his shoulder then patted it.

"I'm sorry for asking..."

"Nah it's alright I'm just glad I told it to someone I truly know that I trust."

He smiled at me once in my whole life someone trusted me and it was my boss I felt a strange sensation from across my body and it was warm.

"Juvia thinks we should go back...the firework is finished now we should really head to our designated room now...don't
you think?"

I said when my whole face was blushing thank God it's dark or else it would be bad for my image to be seen like this once I lifted my head to see if Gray is still making that sad expression I was greeted 
with his usual smug smile.

"Okay but first..." He held my arms as fast as he can and his face close the gap between us as I felt my cheeks burst in red when he kiss it with his lips not my lips though but my blushing cheekbone. I was left astounded or surprise then he let go of me I touched my cheekbone and it was very hot I guess I just burn my fingers from it.

"Good night, Juvia I hope you will have a good dream." He said to me politely, he showed me the way back to my room as he told me that he had another spare room to say in since Erza might be waiting for him and he doesn't want to see her for a while after that I watch as he walk in different direction.

"See you tomorrow, Gray-sama..." I whisper to myself as I wave my hand in midair and enter my room silently as possible.

{ end of chapter 16}
{Sorry for the delay I was very busy and I hope this will suffice, my apology for bad grammar }